Welcome to the forum

Saturday 14th Feb 9.30am ride

edited February 2015 in Club runs
OK, as you did a Northerly ride last week in my absence how about we go one point around the compass and do an easterly tomorrow??

Ashwell-Buntingford-Hare St-Clavering-Langley-Barkway-Ashwell

http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/baldock-eng/ashwell-buntingford-hare-st-clavering-la-route-77375064

Going to be an almost tropical 6 degrees !

See you in the morning

Comments

• Sounds good David, see you tomorrow.
  • Can't make the next two weeks. Getting in some secret training for David's big summer adventure.
    Have a good one
    Peter
  • We'll see you there!
  • Enjoy - 6 degrees sounds like bliss compared to minus 15 here in philadelphia.
  • edited February 2015
    Two word's to describe today's ride - gritty & tough !

A select group of 8 out for the route above. Dry from the sky, but very wet/mucky/potholed filled roads. Speedy start for the run out to hare street & equally swift for the return leg. Bagged one of the 5 counties peaks too as I think that we went through the highest part of Essex :)

In a first for the Sat club ride (and probably any CCA ride) we were delayed in Therfield by a land rover with a double decker trailer unloading some massive sheep into a field. Amazing how many sheep you seem to be able to squeeze into a small looking trailer (35ish) !!

Still tough going for the downhill into Ashwell and a bit of a lacklustre 'sprint' to the village sign - think we were all exhausted by this point.

So a final tally of 37 miles @ 16. Good stuff everybody must count as double-base miles or something like that! Jenny hope you got back ok and the physio sorts out your skiing neck out.

Now I wonder if the local farmers would like back the 1/2 a field I've just removed from my bike........
  • Thanks David, sorry I had to bail out. On the plus side, I discovered the joy of soreen toasted, buttered and eaten off a plate with a cup of tea, rather than the usual sticky, mud-smeared handfuls!
  • Certainly was a disproportionately tough ride... Must have been the riding at altitude.. Particularly in the Essex hights