Welcome to the forum

Pop-up club pub night, 'Royston Special', Friday 20th Feb, 8.30pm

edited February 2015 in General
...And you thought Royston Special extended only to the salad on the butties in Days of Royston. Pah!

Fancy a Belgian ale?

This Friday! 20th Feb.... From 8.30pm. A CC Ashwell evening in Royston!

In part inspired by the amazing fact you can have a reet proper Belgian night out in Royston and have change from a tenner, I will be sat in The Manor House pub near the crossroads in the middle of the town, where they sell Vedett for £1.99 a can.

null

In Mr Wetherspoon's own words;
Brewed in Breendonk, Belgium 5.2% ABV 330ml
"Belgian classic Pilsener, refreshingly clean and flinty. The brewery, still owned by its descendants, was founded in 1871 by the Moortgat family. Created in 1945 by Albert Moortgat, this lager was relaunched as a trendy luxury drink, aimed at young customers in upscale urban bars."

Yes: CC Ashwell.... "trendy" "luxury" "upscale"

• I'll have maps of the Ride of The 3 Cafes CCA Classic with me, and mile counter/gradient profile prints for yer top-tube, if anyone wants to talk about the ride or route. Or cafe choices.

• I'll have last year's Wells 123 Classic ride badges with me - if anyone didn't collect theirs in the King Lynn station bedlam moment.

• I'd be happy to listen to advice on riding the Tour of Flanders cobbles. Tyre pressure, tyres, wheels etc. All welcome. I've already clocked the metal bottle cage tip - cheers.

• Happy to chat on tactics and hopes for next month's club Hardriders TT [Sun 29th March - I think]. Twice around the Club 10 miler.

It could be a few drinks and then back for Newsnight... It could be a chance to look around Royston's pubs, including the SG8 nightclub???!! Worryingly still promoting its Halloween night.

I hope to see you Manor House Wetherspoon's, 8.30pm.

Martin
07977 652 247
martin@ccashwell.com

Comments

• These always used to be de rigueur. Try them out on the G Ride! I suspect low pressure, but not sure how low.
  • edited February 2015
    Oh, go on then!

A confabulation on cobbles and Hardriders would be of interest also

bike beer
  • What are the chances of finding somewhere that will show the Ruta del Sol highlights?.... Nil....
  • I'll bring my ipad. Eurosport player app. Pub wifi. Stage 3 highlights on til 9pm.

And repeated at 11.15pm. I will likely be in bed/kebab house/SG8 then though.
  • I like your thinking
  • Realistically more like I will be there 8:45pm

By the way... Eurosport Player app. £2.99 per month with no catches. Hi def playing of all Eurosport channels. They play loads of cycling inc the Classics. It's a shame david Harmon has gone AWOL but Carlton Kirby is a likeable common tater. The Classics for the same price as one and a half cans of vedett beer ... Not bad value.
  • I'll stick RdS on record. 8:45 gives me enough time to watch some Bafta winning acting on the beeb. Oh Bobby!
  • Hope u got back ok Martin. Woke up this morning after a bad dream we ended up in Royston's finest nightclub!