Welcome to the forum

Open tt's

edited October 2009 in Time Trial
How many of you have ridden an open/association tt this year? Just curious!

Comments

• just cos they're killing you with this one you want to share it around Andre??
  • ??? just trying to establish how often you'd be able to put a team out if I joined. I can recall seeing Carmello once and one other guy if memory serves. I'm currently clubless and looking for inspiration!!!
  • just join the club anyway Andre...I'm sure there are sufficient nutters in the club to join in the fun...was only joking....it is yet another avenue we can pursue as we grow eh?
  • I dunno I've only ever ridden for racing teams
  • That's the problem being an elite cyclist Andre.........would be nice to have you on board..if you are riding pro. next season join as second claim anyway...........you know we aren't a racing club, but we are fun to ride with!!!!!!!you never know what will happen one week to the next eh..either way it's good to ride with you, especially when you aren't fully fit...makes the rest of us feel quite good after all....all save Alex that is..he's definitely NOT human..more like bionic.
  • definately interested
  • good to see you out today Andre...so, tell us some more about these events please
  • There are tt's all over the country every week from March to October, details can be found at http://www.ctt.org.uk/
    There is a them and us thing between testers and roadies but in reallity a good roadie needs to be able to ride timetrials too. I think racing in any form is a natural progression and a healthy thing in a club, there are a lot of guys in cc ashwell fit enough to do well in the average tt. Most of the races I do are in London East district and you are in London North which presents a big problem. I will join at least second claim if only to give the clubrun racers a run for their money. I now have a well respected coach and should be stronger than usual soon so I can spend a bit more time on the front and less time hiding!!
  • One for Tim I think re. London North Andre..perhaps we can register for both...what about it Tim??.thanks for the insight Andre.........was a good ride today.78 miles at 18.5.respect to Ashley and Alex for fronting the 15 miles from Over and Boxworth against the wind.........
  • I think our club 10 has finally got people into the idea of racing and a lot this season have really enjoyed having a number on their back. TT `s are a great way of getting into racing, much less intimidating than road racing. We have the hill climb this season and next season i plan to have some more club tt`s maybe a club 25 for example. I think its only a matter of time before we have people riding in open events, there are a number of people who i know would get more out of a sunday morning test than another club run.

We are indeed in North London district, but im unsure why this is a problem . As a CTT affiliated club you can enter any time trial in the country!

Maybe we`ll run our own open event in the not to distant future. we are getting there.
  • edited October 2009
    It's more of an issue of association membership. The ECCA (and less so the Norlond association),for example, allows member clubs into 'association only' events on fast courses that otherwise would be closed to all but the fastest riders in only a handful of 'truly open' events, eg the E2 courses on the A11/A14. Open events on the E2 courses often close there entries on times faster than 23 minutes for 10 miles and under an hour for 25 for example.

Membership requires clubs to provide marshalls or organisers for events... I think this is based on how many riders any one club has participating in these events throughout the year. Hence the bigger clubs, like Cambridge CC, need to provide a fair few marshals in any given season, smaller clubs less so. Not sure how it works for clubs new to the association....
  • Hi Tim, just curious about our association membership ... why London North? in BC we are in the East District. How do the RTTC districts work?
  • Historical I think Andrew.we took over from Letchworth Velo way back and it's possible that's who they registered with. Tim's probably got the bible on it.
  • Its simply that the 2 organisations have totally different areas. BC has far fewer. BC`s East is completely different from CTT`s East. They have their own independant boundaries. Ashwell happens to fall within the boundarires of North London for CTT and East for BC.

Not sure what you mean by " we took over from Letchwoth Velo" Geoff?
  • way back I was asked by Letchworth Velo organisers of the club 10 mile TT circuit to take it on as they couldn't carry on due to v.low numbers....Andy agreed to step in and run it for the club..the rest is history....