Welcome to the forum

8am Sat 21 Feb

edited February 2015 in General
Jeremy has a good route planned that goes south....
Also gives us the chance to ride a famous 25mile TT route!

Comments

• Looking to get back home for 12. So trying to work out if it's better to cycle or drive over.
    Jeremy what is the route please so I can peel off.
  • The plan is to head south through the lanes to Hertford (same route as New Years Day ride). We'll then do a circuit of the North Road Hardriders course (the actual event is run this Sunday).

http://www.northroadcc.org.uk/media/1014/2015-hardriders-course.pdf

When back in Hertford was thinking we would head towards Welwyn/Datchworth/Knebworth/Whitwell and back to Ashwell.

Should be an 80-90miler with plenty of climbing :)
  • By the way see my comments on the Silverstone TT thread. Hoping to get a second team out and persuade some of the 8am Saturday group to participate.
  • Will be joining you guys tomorrow if thats ok.
  • Hi all,

Got green light to come out with the group, is it an 8am start tomorrow??

Mitchy
  • Yep I think 8am start but Robbie will confirm once everyone has posted their intent.

Graham suggest that the route to Hertford + TT circuit + ride directly back to Royston is doable for 12ish finish.
  • Thanks Jeremy, will bike over and see you at 8am.
  • perfect, you can drop me off at Hitchin :-) last ride before cape Town!

could well have Henry with me as well.
  • Looking like a good team! see you at 8pm tmw. Maybe we TT the 25!
  • See you in the morning chaps.....
  • Will be there hanging on.
  • edited February 2015
    Around 12 out on the Hertford adventure. Lumpy and wet roads made it a gritty ride. Then after the split at Whitwell, the sun came out. From that point we pushed up the speed and enjoyed the change of wind direction from Shillington onwards... top 83m ride!
  • edited February 2015
    Just woken up on the sofa and seem to remember a great ride this morning:)

Thanks All and especially Will for controlling the pace before we split. It was starting to go pear shaped and blurry within my world.

Apologies for the lack of muds - a solution is going to be built once Skelders hands over the goods.

A one carat flint spoiled the flow on the way back and thanks for waiting for me whilst I wrestled with the bar see gatorskin

Finished on 56 which is my longest ride for some time.
  • Another gritty day in the Lanes - I had 83miles on the clock at a tad under 17mph. I don't think there was one bit of flat road today! Also some of the worst road surfaces for bikes. Hertfordshire Highways have some work to do this Summer.

Apologies for losing my bearings in Hertford. Thought the revised route was excellent and thanks to Mitch for guiding us through Welwyn.
  • Great ride out with a great bunch of people! Will make this my main weekend ride when not working which unfortunately won't be for a few weeks now :-( Thanks guys!
  • Loved it, although the night shift that followed was a struggle!! Think I passed out when climbing into bed at 8.30 this morning!!
  • I was one of the group that split off, with Martin, James, Skelders and Nathan. Great ride, good to see such a large group. I ended up with 76m and surprised how tired I was compared to my ride last week....must be something to do with the 'bumps'.
    Away now for next couple of weeks see you all on the 3 Caf