Welcome to the forum

Grafham 85m ride, FRIDAY 27 Feb

edited February 2015 in General
I'm going for an 85 miler this Friday 27 feb. It would be nice to have a bit of company. A different kind of Friday than last week's CCA expedition to Royston, i.e. no raving about with £1 shots of indescribable gloop after several Vedetts in t'Wetherspoons. We'll be back there in summer. Baldock next though I think.

Anyway.... this Friday 27th Feb... the Grafham route, with a Swineshead elbow and later out a bit east to Bourn. Gentle rolling route.

http://www.bikemap.net/en/route/2910520-ashwell-grafham-bourn-ashwell/

Starting 9am Guilden Morden village hall. So 9.15am Ashwell Three Tuns. But a little flexible if there's interest.

Lunch/stop-off at Grafham Perry cafe. Might have an espresso at Bourn later too.

Can be shortened 15-20 miles if you drop from Gamlingay to Potton etc. Or indeed might make it a tonne if the mood and conditions are good [I would cross the A10 at Shepreth/Fowlmere and head for Buntingford then Baldock]. Forecast at the mo not bad.

Steady 16mph av estimate. Chatting speed.

Cheers. Martin 07977652247

Comments

• Hi Martin

Thinking about it
    Will keep an eye on the weather and let you know Thursday
    Could meet Ashwell
    Assuming serious about steady pace and it is dry

Cheers
    James
  • Might be able to join you. I need to see what Mrs D is doing first but am hopeful. You still going to the revolution Martin? dont want to be too late back.
  • Weather looking good for Friday
    Should be fun

CP
  • Friday weather forecast... very good really! Lucky. It'd be great to have the company.

Mapped out a 102 mile version, if there's appetite near finish at Shepreth. Bikemap struggling at the mo, but essentially... over A10, Fowlmere, over A505, oop to Heydon, Chishill, Little Chishill, Langley ford, Anstey, Barkway Golf Club, Reed, Therfield, voila.

Maybe this map will work later;
    http://www.bikemap.net/en/route/2912870-agbla-102-miler/

Oh yes. Full Lawless contingent off to Revolution in the evening. Looking forward to that. I'll give the kids the pig mask. Should be just fine timewise, especially if we stick to 85m.
  • Unfortunately something has come up
    Will only be riding pm
    Another time

Cheers
    CP
  • Official: Spring ride! Great weather. And well done Daniel Maynard. Not for doing the ride: 'twas a piece of cake for him. For putting up with me for 7.5 hrs. Stick that on yer palmares.

108m @ 16.2mph. Three cafe ride form! I liked that 2 hr bit around 70m where all that was said was 'Right here'. It's a good 100 loop but maybe better reversed so that hills done first.

Hey. We had a jaymac twist around northill too. Good to catch up.

Quick change and off to velodrome.

null

Good luck Daniel and CCA at Sundays crest race. Someone pointed out that Welwyn and CCA riders were riding as one in the perry cafe. I said it was all a bit pipes of peace and we just needed a football.