Welcome to the forum

Milton Keynes Bowl

edited March 2015 in General
I'm racing at the Milton Keynes Bowl in a crit on Saturday. I haven't as yet got any ASHWELL CC kit, think its due to arrive later this month. Does anyone know if this is likely to be a problem?

Hope to spot some ASHWELL riders there if anyone else is going. Also good luck to those racing Sunday in the Ike Saul Memorial road race.

Mitchy

Comments

• It won't be a problem at all, you can wear what you want when you race till you get your 2nd cat I think. I wouldn't worry, this time of year people race in whatever anyway. I wouldn't go for a pro-team replica kit. Just because...

I think Neil's racing on Saturday up at the bowel. It'll be fun! Just remember, at least one hand off the bars in your victory salute. If you've got a bike length on the second placed rider then both hands.

Don't fall off.

If you want to borrow a jersey to race in, drop me a message and pop over to pick one up.
  • Haha,

That is exactly what would happen if I take both hands off!!!

15 degrees and sunny this saturday!! Might even get my milk bottles out, maybe it'll scare off some of the opposition. I'll race in my old stuff, won't be so bothered if I fall off then.

Thanks for advice
  • Don't want to be pedantic but under the BC regulations it is only Youth, Fourth & provisional license holders who are allowed to wear 'any suitable clothing whilst competing'.
    Anyone else must wear Club or Regional registered design or colours.
    This was something which came up at the recent Commissiare's conferences where we were encouraged to be consistent in our approach to this rule.
  • I'm sure you won't be turned away on the line for not having club kit at this time of year. Of course you should always race in your club colours, but if you don't have any (because they're still in Italy) then 1 race shouldn't be a problem... especially when half the field will probably be wearing gabbas etc
  • I'm racing in the 4th cat race tomorrow morning. I can bring an extra Ashwell jersey if that helps?

Iain
  • Good luck to those racing tomorrow and Sunday! Have a good one and stay safe. Gutted i'm working :-(
  • Hi Iain,

If you are there anyway that would be great - just incase. I'm going to be arriving early should be there not long after your race. Best of luck!! I'll try and pick your brains on the course.

Mitchy