Welcome to the forum

Letchworth Greenway

edited March 2015 in General
Hi guys, never posted on here before.

I was told that some guys from Ashwell CC used to go out and thrash the greenway in the evenings, does anyone still do this?
I ride in the evenings for training a fair bit, and not bumped into anyone doing it fast.

I like to go as quick as the legs allow, usually lap around 52-55 mins.

Never ridden with any club guys before, you guys would probably drop me like a bad habit! But if anyone's doing it, then let me know. Will probably be going out tomorrow (12th) around 7pm. Normally start at hillbrow park or the Gardner's arms and head towards Hitchin.

Comments

• Hi, you heard right, a few of us go out but not as much at this time of year. Usually from about September until December we will go out one evening a week on cyclcocross bikes.

52-55 minutes is a good time so doubt we'd be dropping you, we averaged 55-60 minutes last year. I'd check in again around September if you want to join us for a regular outing, we find as it gets lighter now there are too many other users to go as fast as we'd like.
  • Planning on riding this. Is the route plainly obvious to follow or has anyone got a Garmin file please? Thanks.
  • Stiggers, whisper me your email, and I'll send you the GPX if you still need it
  • Stiggers did you give it a bash?
  • I did. Made a nice change of scenery & the lack of deep mud was a bonus! Reasonably easy to navigate, but there are a couple of turns that are easy to miss.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/11446409

Was hoping to get back for an evening ride but not made it yet.