Welcome to the forum

lower back pain 1 day after riding

edited March 2015 in General
Hi

Had this a few weeks ago when I rode last, and then I went for a ride yesterday and I can feel my lower back starting to feel weird again (might not be a correlation but I can't think of any other reason why it would feel like this). Last time it got to a point where I couldn't walk for a couple days

Anyone with any bike fit knowledge know whether I should raise or lower my saddle?

Can't afford a bike fit or anything like that atm, but would be good to start training soon b/c marmotte is looming.

Cheers

N

Comments

• edited March 2015
    More likely to be due to reach than saddle height. If you haven't changed your bike setup, then I would simply recommend some basic stretches, these worked wonders for me:

http://www.bikeradar.com/commuting/gear/article/core-training-for-cyclists-41207/
  • agree with timmer Nat. If you aren't riding regularly then this is often the case. If it continues you may have an incorrect reach anyway. try a shorter stem. It will have the same effect as it stops you reaching so far. Also move the saddle forward as this will help. Good luck.
  • Okay thanks guys!

I'll pull it forward a bit. My bars are the complete opposite of slammed aswell, they are up at a granny height, very laid back.

Have never been even remotely fitted to this thing. Just going to have to put up with it until I get a nice new bike + a proper fit, new shoes, clothes, etc.