Welcome to the forum

Mavic Aksium Road Race Bike Pair Wheels 700c for sale.

edited March 2015 in General
Hi all,

Taking some advice from Will about upgrading my new race bikes wheels, as such am likely to have a nearly new (less than 50 miles in dry) set of Mavic Aksium's for sale. It's be just the wheels and skewers, as will keep the cassette and tyres for my new race wheels. Might make a good set of training wheels for someone, 11 speed compatible. I'd keep them myself, but can't afford the new ones unless I put some dosh towards them!!

I've also replaced the stem of my race bike, and have a brand new 90mm CUBE stem should anyone like to make an offer!!

Mitchy

Comments

• What have you decided to get Mitchy? I still think the Cero wheelsets are incredible value for money.

Cero AR30 wheelset, 30mm award winning alloy clincher 1399g - £379.99. 10/10 in cycling weekly, not sure any other wheelset can beat that weight and price.

Cero RC45, 45mm depth toroidal full carbon clincher 1530g - £799.99. As light as Zipp wheels if not lighter and half the price!

Hmmm... might have to check the bank balance again lol. Thing is, £800 is nearly a CAAD10 105 :-s
  • The Cero wheels do look like excellent value. I was cautious when looking at them previously and ended up going for a different wheelset. Since then, I have a couple of mates who have the AR30. Both of them speak very highly of them and one races on them over his Zipp 404's (an older set). If you are on a budget, I really don't think you can go wrong with the AR30 as an all round wheel. The RC45's again look like they have been developed well and don't appear to be another generic carbon clincher, however, I don't know anyone that has experience of them and at £800, you're getting towards the price of proven quality.

My race wheels are Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL. A little heavy at 1700g, but they have been faultless for the last two years. The alloy braking surface allows for an easy switch between training and race wheels without any brake pad faff. I think they retail at £850 (inc tyres and tubes), but you'll get 10% off that price, if not 15% at most places, including TriSports with your Ashwell discount.

Hope this helps.
  • Hi chaps, went for shimano RS81 C24's. £300 after discounts on chain reaction cycles. Should be a good upgrade. Just need to sell the askiums now to recoup some of the outlay!!!
  • Hi stiggers, as they are basically new, and fundamentally I'm not greedy, I'm thinking £100. Does that sound about right?
  • Hi Mitchy, having done a bit of research, I do think that is a fair price. Unfortunately that price will also get me PX AL30's that I really want. Thanks anyway.
  • Stiggers.

No probs at all. Hope the one's you get are FAST!