Welcome to the forum

Underground skills training

edited March 2015 in General
On offer here is a skills session for people wishing to improve their road riding. Principally for those intending to race it would help all those riding in groups on the road.

This is not some sort of subversive activity, but will take place underground in a subterranean car park Mark Wyer has access to in Stevenage. So is weather proof!

The session will run from 12:00 until 15:00 on Saturday March 28th. If you are interested please sign up on this Doodle Poll LINK . Note I think Mark is planning separate sessions for our youth riders.

More details to follow, including the secret location!

Daniel

Comments

• This is a great opportunity to gain some group riding skills and would benefit all of us.

Its also a great venue!
  • edited March 2015
    Edit, sorry not going now.
  • Hi all,

We need more than 1 person booked up to make this work!

I need to know soon if this is going ahead, otherwise I can do something else with my Saturday.

If you want to come, please sign up below.

Mark.
  • Hi,

I'd be up for this if it goes ahead

Thanks
    Emma
  • Sorry, I hadn't seen this until now - I'd definitely be up for it if it does happen...
    Cheers,
    Dave.
  • There's a possibility I'm away this weekend (which is why I won't sign the poll), but if not I'd be interested (if you think it would be of use!)

N
  • This sounds good, I'm in. Thanks for organising.
  • It looks like there will be about 5 of you so I suggest we do about 90 minutes as that will be plenty of time for a smaller group.

Mark.
  • Does everyone know where to go?
  • B&Q carpark?
  • Farnham House/Robertson House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 2FQ

Exit the A1(M) at the Stevenage/Knebworth junction.
    Turn left towards Stevenage and left again to head back parallel to the A1(M) on Gunnels Wood Road.
    At the underpass, keep left, turn left at the RAB and turn immediately right into the entrance. It's the car park for the large red brick council offices.
  • Brilliant. Thank you for being prepared to run this for us Mark.

Not too late to sign up!

Daniel
  • Thanks Mark, looking forward to it!
  • Thanks Mark! I had no idea where to go so thanks for confirming - are we looking at 12 - 1.30?

As long as its not throwing it down i'll most likely cycle over and back.

Looking forward to it
  • riding there is a good idea!
  • Yes, 12 - 1:30pm. Anyone early is welcome to ride a few laps of the car park for training!
  • Thanks very much Mark for such a great session! It's really interesting/cool to see how much your confidence increases the more and more you go round

I'm aware I feel like I might have come across as an oik in that second to last last exercise, I wasn't I was just supposed to be mixing things up a bit!!
  • Thanks Mark that was really useful. I learnt a lot and felt like I was showing signs of improvement and more confidence towards the end. I'll test it out on next week's club ride!

It's amazing how many miles you can do circling a car park - I think it was close to 14.
  • Can I echo the comments above and thank Mark for giving up his time and organising an excellent training session today.

Great group skills coaching, really useful - the sort of thing all newbies to group riding should experience and it can only make our club runs safer.

Thanks again

John
  • I agree with the other comments...huge thanks to Mark, and would definitely recommend this to anyone who rides in a group. I tried out the cornering on the way home and it was much better!
  • Well done all and I'm glad it was useful. Yes, Nathaniel was meant to move about the group for that last exercise to test your awareness and group riding. Of course everyone coped fine!