Welcome to the forum

Club Hill Climb, this sunday!!

edited October 2009 in General
Hope youve all remembered?

I will be at Ashwell Garage at 8.45 for signing on. This will take the same form as the club 10, ie sign on, take your number, pin it on, pay your money (£2)
We have a limit of 30 riders, so first come first served and it really doesnt matter where you start as you aint going to catch anyone or be caught ( unless youve got it very wrong).

I will drive up to start when everyone is signed on, everyone else ride out and warm up. At about 9.30 we will begin setting riders off, minute intervals. You can be held at the start, but hill climb rules state no push off!

Now the important bit.
For those not riding please find a nice bit of verge to camp on and watch the action. There is loads of space and a good bit of verge most of the way up the hill. Please do not mill about the start and finish areas and KEEP OFF THE ROAD!

For those riding, please do not warm up on the hill once we`ve started and be very carefull on the main road where traffic moves quickly, especially when DOING U TURNS!! No u turns near the start area and once youve finished dont crowd round the finish but go find some verge to watch the rest of the misery...sorry i mean action!

The main thing to remember is that we will have a lot of the club in one place, it is a public highway, so please KEEP OFF THE ROAD!!!!!

If anyone who is not riding could help with holding at the start or a bit of Marshalling /crowd control i would be most gratefull. (Andy B is helping with timekeeping)
Im really hoping we get a full field, its only a bit of fun really, will all be over by 10 and you can carry on the club run afterwards.

Look forward to seeing you all sunday morning. oh, and dont eat too much breakfast, i really dont want to see the reappearance of your full english!

Tim.

Comments

• I'll be away in 'gay Paris' this weekend for my wife's Birthday, But I'll be thinking of you all as you puff & pant your way up the hill. Anyone lined up to take a few shots. Not that I'm a sadist, but it would be nice to see some other club member's pain !!!!!

Have fun

Trahern
  • Dont forget...clocks go back on saturday night! There now ,thats another excuse to get out of riding that you cant use!

Tim.