Welcome to the forum

8am Easter Friday short fast ride

edited March 2015 in Club runs
Can't do the G-ride now due to less time available... but will doing a fast (for me) 50m maybe up Hexton and the Sundon loop etc.
Don't wanna hijack the G-ride so please don't switch (lol). But I'll be setting off at 8am and hopefully averaging more than we normally do.
Good prep for the Phoenix!

Comments

• i'll join you :-)
  • Like you Robbie I cant give up the whole day so will join you on this if I can hold on to your wheels
  • robbie

should be out for this if im sober enough assuming your heading my way will meet you at langford bridge.

if i ain't there carry on.

thanks

strappy
  • edited March 2015
    I might be up for that Roberto as short fast rides are on the plan ... but only if I can get my road bike running by Friday. I tore up a wheel last week (due to my awesome power, lol!) and need to swap a cassette around etc.
  • Hi Robbie,
    Like Strappy, will aim to meet you on the Langford bridge if you're coming this way. If not, will see you at Ashwell for 8am.
    Will attempt to hang on for as long as possible.
    Pete
  • Chain gang on the flats... Smash it up the hills. Regroup. Rest. Repeat.
  • love that!
  • YES robbie! new recipe for saturdays?!

(ps, G ride for me!)
  • Bit wet but still out... maybe not as fast down Sundon!
  • Exactly 50 on my clock.

Nice wet ride! Summer steed looking decidedly like my winter one!

Thanks Robbie and Strappy, enjoyed that.... Now, where's my Muck Off??
  • Big thanks robbie & skelders

Nice ride, no rain during the ride result !! .roads were very wet and as i spent most of the time on the back
    I was eating Belgium toothpaste all the way round washed down with a coffee at emily's (ta rob).

Bike now washed ready for tomorrow.

See you soon

Strappy
  • edited April 2015
    Chaps - got to 3 Tuns bang on 8:00 but no one around unless you were in the car park - didn't check as I launched myself into TT mode to catch you up. You must have been flying or were on a different road to the one I was. Ended up with a bit of a lactate problem when I got to Langford but eventually cleared.

I took Robbie's idea on board and thought I had given Hexton some welly only to find I was about 30 secs slower than my fasted time up it via Strava.

Found myself amongst the Welwyn Hilly time trial and wished I was doing it. Coming into Whitwell there was a crowd on a corner who started clapping - nice to be appreciated in such mucky conditions.

Both the bike and my legs got the hosepipe as soon as I got home. Proper filthy but some more good miles (51!) and nowhere to hide :)
  • Sorry James :-(

Robbie's watch said 8:04 wen we moved out so one of your watches is slow/fast ;-)
  • Sorry James :-(

Robbie's watch said 8:04 wen we moved out so one of your watches is slow/fast ;-)
  • sounds like James stayed ahead of the bunch until Langford! Chapeau for that