Welcome to the forum

Saturday 28th March 9.30am club ride

edited March 2015 in Club runs
Continuing with two of our favorite themes tomorrow, reverse routes and rubbish weather !

Circumnavigation of Stevenage in reverse tomorrow, so something like Slip end, Walkern, Bennington, Watton-at Stone, Datchworth, Knebworth, Codicote, Whitwell, Willian, Baldock and Ashwell

40(ish) miles and should be sheltered from the brisk southerly wind ;)

See you in the morning

Comments

• Sorry, I'll wife, demanding kids... Conspired against me today..
  • Looks like we had the better day weather wise of the two this weekend, but it was still pretty blowy out there yesterday.

Amazingly I managed to remember all of the turns for the above reverse route, although it wouldn't have mattered if I hadn't as nobody else had a clue where we were for a lot of the ride!

Fantastic tailwind all the way from Whitwell to Ashwell, and a climb up Whitwell hill at 18mph which has to be some sort of record. The hill was so good that Adam 'mount tiede' R decided to go off pieste and add an extra summit ;)

So pretty much bang on 40 miles at 16. Great route and great company. Thanks all

p.s. Didn't enjoy the return via Newnham though.......gale for headwind and 8mph downhill ouch !!
  • Thanks David, great ride, I think I actually prefer that route that way round.

My return to Royston was, as you might expect, the opposite of yours - I think me and Stuart made it back in just over 20 minutes!