Welcome to the forum

Pastures new

edited March 2015 in General
Probably most of you know already, but I thought I'd make it an official announcement on here. As of last Sunday we have moved to Cirencester, in the heart of Cotswolds for those similarly geographically challenged as me.

While I remain CCA I will naturally be seeing a lot less of you guys at Eastern races, so I just thought this is a good opportunity to express my thanks for all the support and friendship that I have received from CCA's manifold talented individuals as well as from the club as a whole. It has been great fun, and I have discovered many things about cycling and life in general through being involved in the club. I hadn't even heard about grass track for example, so that was a learning curve, and now one of my favourite things to do on a bike!

I certainly plan to make it back for a grass track day or two, and of course Eastern League cross will always be a draw as well! In the meantime best of luck to all of you in your many endeavours, and hopefully see you again in the not too distant future.

Comments

• Good luck with the relocation, not sure I agree with you on the grass track front but you've been a real asset to the club on the old cross scene. There's a really good bike shop in Cirencester from what I remember... You'll love it. Oh, and the hills...
  • Hey, good luck John

Next time somebody clangs a bell in my ear on a hill climb, I'll remember you (and your titanium cassette). Come back and ride with us soon
  • somehow people seem to carry CCA with them so don't see it as leaving because there are numerous people in the club who are better off for you being a member John. You will be well remembered. You have really joined in fully and I am sure you will drop by for the odd ride on occasion. Good luck in pastures new. Cirencester is lucky to have you and your family. You are all welcome here anytime you are in the area.
  • Best of luck with the new start John. Cirencester has gained one heck of a rider.

I'm one of the people Geoff alluded too, in having benefited from you being a part of CCA. I learnt a lot from you in the last cross season, not least that attention to detail and leaving nothing to chance gains rewards. You'll be missed on race days, CCA Vet 40s are going to be very thin on the ground next year. Make sure you let us know when you'll be over for grass track and cross. If there's a team sprint it will be a pleasure teaming up with you.
  • Good luck John, it's been a pleasure riding and racing with you. Also a massive thanks for the Tub fitting skills you showed me last year, I'm now an expert... Well I've taped one since (don't tell the Doncasters)

Hopefully see you soon!

Luke
  • Good luck to you and the family John. Look forward to seeing you all at some Easterncross and nationals. Will keep tabs on Strava. Best wishes from the Fields.
  • Will be my first cross season this year with CCA and a bit gutted i never got to meet you and talk training and racing for advice. Best of luck to you John ;-)
  • Best wishes to you and the family for the new venture, looking forward to catching up at the end of April at Little Mountain - entry in!
  • Best wishes John to you and your family, im sure you will love it down in Cirencester. A huge thanks from CCA for all you have done for the club. You have been an inspiration to many riders and a great ambassador for the club. You will be sorely missed but im sure we catch up from time to time.
    Ive still got a cup and a medal for you which i must get to you at some point.

Tim
  • Good luck John, would be great to see you back anytime.
  • Oh my goodness, what amazing responses. I am a bit 'soft boiled' as my mum would say. Thank you all for the best wishes.
  • edited April 2015
    Good luck John. I grew up in that neck of the woods and return periodically to see family/friends. Great cycling area but less going on than in Home Counties.

I am hopefully back to ride the Bristol South CC mega hilly TT on 26th April. It takes in four of the most beasting climbs in the Dursley/Stroud area plus some technical descending at speed. It is right up your street!

http://www.bristolsouthcc.co.uk/djk/Events/show_event.php?id=5

Maybe see you on the start line?
  • Hope the move went well John and all enjoy your new home. I hope you new venture goes well and we see you soon.

Looking forward to getting lapped by you during the next CX season :)
  • Jeremy,

You are right that is exactly up my street, I love a good hilly. Sadly they all seem to happen all at once, like the buses. April 26th is Swindon Hilly, Little Mountain, Buxton Hilly and apparently this one which I didn't know about.

I have been a regular at Little Mountain (Beacon Road CC) for the last couple of years, and this year there is a decent CCA contingent riding it. Entries close on April 7th so if you haven't committed to the Bristol CC one, maybe come join us?
  • Just to add our good luck's for your new venture and new home.

Best wishes,
    Mark and Stevie.