Welcome to the forum

RTTC Classic series race 2 Buxton

edited April 2015 in Time Trial
James Mac and Jackie competed in this on Good Friday in foul conditions. 2 circuits of a hilly 11 mile loop made much more difficult by the wet and misty conditions.

James got 9th place and Jackie was 1st vet lady. (Only 2 mins behind Joanna Rowsell)

Jackie

James

Comments

• Outstanding both, really well done!
  • Looks like you're both having huge amounts of fun there! Lovely bike, James. How's the new skinsuit?
  • Fantastic! Well done James and Jackie.
  • Well done both, great stuff, those hills look fun..
  • Wow! great rides and super pics. Only 2 mins behind Rowsell is quite a result.
  • Just keeps getting better. Well done both.
  • Great riding to you both, Stuart could you move the bins before taking Pics :-)
  • edited April 2015
    Thanks for the kind words. Each 11 mile loop is approximately 4 miles ascent, 3 miles flat followed by 4 miles of descent - a total of about 2500ft of climbing in 22 miles. This led to a number of slightly hairy moments in the wet as I topped out at 47 mph. Matt Bottrill came past me on the flat section doing his 3rd lap - only managing to average 24mph!!! As you can imagine I was eternally grateful that the vets race was just 2 laps, not 3.

Fantastic effort from Jackie who crushed the opposition being over 4 minutes ahead of 2nd place and 7 minutes ahead of last year's series winner.

Full results can be viewed on the CTT website:

http://www.ctt.org.uk/Events/Results

Oh and Will the new skin-suit is great - thanks
  • Bloomin great going! And great pics

Seriously good results on a national level.