Welcome to the forum

Club 10 Weekly TT's - 2015 - starting Wednesday 22nd April 6:15 sign-on 7pm start

edited April 2015 in Time Trial
CC Ashwell Wednesday evening 10 series

Thank you to those who have already signed up to help out, keep them coming, ideally we need 3 per race:

Club 10 helpers

Assuming we have people to run the events and nothing else gets in the way, there will be 19 races in the series this season.

Trophies on offer (CCA first-claim members only) are as follows:

Male
Female
Junior
Vets on standard (using VTTA standard times for 10 miles) - anyone born in 1970 or earlier is eligible

(Best 4 times to count)

plus
The Northfield Handicap

Points-based competition (sliding scale of points for each race with a free entry the following week for the winner).

There is no dark art to this competition, in summary:
  • points for each race are determined simply by how well you do compared to your PB, matched against how everyone else compares to their PB.
  • newcomers can score points from their 2nd week onwards
  • top 10 points are awarded, ranging from 21 down to 2 then everyone else gets 1 point for riding
Last year's winner was Dave Wells with 103 points, scoring in 10 races out of 17 in the series.

Looking forward to seeing you all next week.

P.S. If anyone wants their race record from 2014, email jamesmck@ccashwell.com

Comments

• Thanks James. Signed up to help.

Hopefully score a few more points this year!
  • Can't wait! Thanks, James for making this so good!
  • Thanks James! Signed on to help a couple races to make a contribution, but hoping to race most of them!

Is there a cut off in how old a PB is to count for Northfield Handicap? e.g. I think my PB is a couple years old as I didn't ride any TT's in 2014. Does that still count as my benchmark?

See you tonight.

Andy