Welcome to the forum

FOR SALE: Cannondale CAADX 105 cyclocross bike (48cm)

edited April 2015 in Kit
{Posted on behalf of CCA member Craig Dyce who doesn't have a forum ID himself. Contact him direct at http://dycefitness.com/contact_me.shtml}

For Sale: Under 12/Under 14/Small Adult Cyclocross Bike. £750 ono
Cannondale CAADX Shimano 105 48cm frame. Bike converted to single chain ring so perfect for serious cyclocross riding.
Simply excellent condition.
Purchased new in January 2014 for £999 and had circa £250 for upgrades

The bike was Shimano 105 throughout but was adapted to reduce weight and make it more children/small adult friendly for cyclocross/triathlon.

Size 48cm. My daughter was 5 foot tall when the bike was purchased and it fitted nicely. She is now 5 foot 5" (my how they grow!) and whilst she can still ride it we've bought a bigger frame. I'd therefore suggest that it would fit riders from 4 feet 10" to 5 feet 4"

Adjustments have been as follows:
Removed 46 teeth chain ring to make it single chainring which is much more practical. 36 teeth chain ring together with 11-30 cassette gives more than enough gears for cyclocross and triathlons. Front deraillier therefore removed and heavy 105 left brake lever replaced with light Tektro brake. A chain catcher was added to give extra security. I've photoed the non-used, 46 chain ring, 105 front deraillier and 105 brake lever and they are included in sale if you want to convert back to double chainring

Bontager wheels are virtually brand new and a significant upgrade on the original Maxxis wheelset.
Scwalbe tyres are brand new and unsed. I will also include a set of used Schwalbe Ultremo ZX road tyres
Cannondale saddle is unused as we added our own saddle when ridden
Wellgo pedals are brand new and I'll include a pair of Wellgo flat pedals with toes straps in case rider doesn't use clips
Bar Tape is also new

Full Specifications:
Frame: Cannondale CAADX Optimised 6061 Alloy BB30 size 48
Fork: Cannondale Carbon Ultra X 1-1/8"
Rear Deraillier: Shimano 105 5700
Shifter: Shimano 105 5700
Bottom Bracket: FSA BB30
Chainset: FSA Gossamer BB30 46-36
Freewheel: Shimano 11-30
Headset: CAAX Si 25mm top cap
Stem: Cannondale C3 31.8, 6 deg.
Handlebars: Cannondale C3 Compact