Welcome to the forum

21st April Chaingang

edited April 2015 in Chain gangs
You Chaingang needs you.
Try to make the Chaingang tomorrow. Weather looking excellent again.
Same arrangements as were set out in the previous thread. Those that arrive at 7pm can head out for a warm up and I will be back at the tunns for the prompt 7.30 depart so we pick up the rest at steeple by 7.40pm Two or three groups depending on turn out.
20mph group a 22mph group and faster group.
Now can the faster group keep together? If not then there is a need for the group to divide rather than blast apart.
We all have different levels of fitness so if you can ride a 27mph average then that is a fast group and we need numbers in each group so the more the merrier.

Comments

• Dusk 20.07 with a 12 mph north easterly
    11-13C , great conditions
    See you later
    James
  • edited April 2015
    edit going to try and come out!
  • Great first lap - gutted I had to get home and miss lap two. How did that go?

Maybe 10-11 out? Mixed abilities all happy together. Really smooth, generally. Cheers. It even stuck together coming up the hill.

I zeroed the clock once we started rotating properly coming out of Steeple and had a 22.2mph av.

Some rider with us looking a lot like Josh Maynard: but man shaped. Must be his cousin or something....
  • Thanks all 1st lap was brilliant! Really nice, not too fast pace. Really enjoyed that hopefully it stays as smooth for the rest of the year. Sorry if it was too slow for a few, we can't really do much about that until more people come out??

Didn't recognise Josh until it was too late to say hi! hi!
  • Good ride and well done for keeping it steady. Second lap was tougher as less riders came with us. I zeroed my speedo just when I wanted to check the averatge. Did anyone get the average for the two laps. James sorry lap two was a bit too fast. It did keep steady but the hill out of steeple is the challenging bit I find.
    I hope everyone got what they wanted out of the chain gang. The group size was perfect. But we could have done with two speeds again. So keep coming out and let's have more riders.
    Well done all.
  • edited April 2015
    Good ride, really enjoyed it.
    Could not stay on for the second lap so dropped off, but aim to increase each time.
    Good to see everyone being looked after.
    See you again next week

James

PS perhaps have a slower second lap next time so everyone gets the best of both worlds ? Ie fast and slow second lap.
  • Yep great fun again - I had 22.0 for the first lap, which I thought was spot on (especially with a large group so not too often on the front). Thanks to the fast guys for throttling it back to medium pace.

Planning to stick around for the second lap soon, when it gets a bit less dark.