Welcome to the forum

Tuesday 28th April

edited April 2015 in Chain gangs
Chain gang tonight is on of course. usual times. 7.30 Ashwell Tonnes depart, 7.40 depart Steeple Morden just after the turn towards Littlington. Warm up small lap for those that get to Ashwell at 7pm. I will be there for 7.30 tonight.
Last week had a mixed group that worked really well together. The pace was kept back a bit bu the faster riders but was still very respectable. It allowed everyone to do a first lap together.

Remember chaingangs should be riding within your upper thresholds we are not aiming for max power.

Hopefully there will be enough for two groups tonight but I would suggest a similar first lap to last week if we don't have a large enough turnout for two groups.

If the pace gets too high sit on the back for a while but always try to hang on. You will get faster.

Comments

• Good chain gang last night. quite a few out and pretty well organised. No idea what the speed was but the second lap was certainly a bit quicker. In another couple of weeks a third lap would be possible if it stayed steady like that. Unlucky with the chain Vincent, must have bust pretty much on the first rotation and you got back in for the finishing sprint. pretty short chain gang for you!
  • Yes literally the first push to join the faster line and the chain went. For 20 years I have never used a quick chain link but clearly modern chains don't enjoy rivets being reused. I fitted the chain just before the ride. Glad the chaingang was controlled. It was a good number for one group.
    Keep turning out all.