Welcome to the forum

Sunday 3rd May 9.30am (maybe, er, unlikely, count me out!

FDFD
edited May 2015 in Club runs
Yo Ho shipmates!

Cap'n away with the Admiral and No Nonsense Nick and Mrs No Nonsense Nick sailing in mountainous seas around the sunny Spanish Main

However, for those back in home port, the shipping forecast for Sunday morning is not set fair:

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday

Breezy with rain at first on Sunday, turning brighter with showers later. Thereafter, sunny intervals with a risk of showers, perhaps heavy.

Not exactly the sort of conditions you'll find me out in, but maybe I'll navigate a route if weather prospects improve -watch this space

Flinging it down Dutchman

Comments

• edited May 2015
    FD - Weather set fair for the crew that leave the Tuns at 8am on Saturday.

Good preparation for Paris Nice.....
  • 31C for us Sunday
    Cooling to 26C by Wednesday
    Doing the 2100m summit climb wed

Keep going chaps
    I hear tough love is good for you

CP

PS Ashwell to Alpe d'huez in 2016 with a tour of France
    Take about 2 -3 months
    Anyone fancy it ?
    I do.
  • FDFD
    edited May 2015
    Yo Ho

Thanks JeremyP for the offer, but you're unlikely to see me at 8am on a Saturday - I get up at 5.30am every morning during the week, so need my beauty sleep at weekends! And I won't be able to keep up with you guys, anyway.

Paris Nice a distant, doom image-conjuring prospect for me at present. Let's see.

Good to hear the Cap'n & No Nonsense Nick are enjoying sunnier climes. The sun always shines on the righteous. Hope you suffer on the mountain on Wednesday....only fair...Maybe the tarmac might melt?

Ashwell to L'Alpe D'uez a pipe dream for workers; definitely one for the shirkers.

FD
  • FDFD
    edited May 2015
    Yo Ho

Shipping forecast latest:

Tonight
    Outbreaks of rain becoming more persistent overnight, and increasingly heavy through the early hours of Sunday morning, accompanied by strong east to southeasterly winds.

Will go out this afternoon and ride on Monday instead....

.....See you next week!

Dry under the Duvet Dutchman
  • Yo Ho shipmates

Inspired by Alex Dowsett's amazing ride this afternoon, I hauled myself off the sofa....

....for a 2hr rolling route including Barkway, Chishill, Arkesden, Manuden, Pelhams.

Sobering thought that his average speed was twice mine and my top speed equalled his average!!

Still, 2 hours better than nowt.

Flabbergasted Dutchman
  • Yo Ho you scurvy knaves!

BBC latest shipping forecast...getting worse:

Sunday
    Wet and windy at first with extensive low cloud. The rain should pass eastwards before lunchtime, with conditions then slowly brightening up, perhaps allowing isolated thundery showers to develop later.

I'll be out on Monday instead from the Tuns at 9.30am....see other thread.

FD