Welcome to the forum

MSG Round 4 Hadleigh MTB Olympic Park

edited May 2015 in Road Racing
Great morning of racing at Hadleigh today.

Had some reservations about this as the first visit here back in Sept 2013 with MSG was very challenging. However the course has undergone a lot of modifications and whilst still very challenging (especially the climbing) the B line options were all very rideable and not especially costly on time penalty.

Would recommend the visit with Mark W next Saturday if it still going ahead.

CCA results

Open Male
17th Ben Reidy (sorry Ben did not see you)
28th (again) Stuart Field

U16 Noah Field 13th after running a third of the last lap with a puncture

U14 Felix Field 15th

Comments

• Well done all, Hadleigh is tuff!
  • Sorry Stuart i did see you at the beginning but didn't hang around for long after as i crashed on first lap and decided best to leave straight after race to get cleaned up. I crashed on the flattest part of the course as well lol. I decided to start at the back of the field and in trying to overtake a long group of riders, came a cropper on a verge of grass with a nicely hidden hole. Over the bars, and hit the deck still clipped in landing on shoulder and elbow. Cuts all down my arm and slightly embarrassed i gingerly got back on the bike and spent the next lap catching the same people i was trying to overtake, doh!
    I was a little worried about racing here again but very surprised how its changed and much more ridable for us normal people. Great race had by all i think, well done!