Most Improved 10

1 appointed

Clubman of the year
( appointed by the Chairman )

5 Club Status symbols

CAV Wannabe
Best lead out Rider
Biggest Poseur
Lord of Lingering Repairs ( including punctures )
Nasty Boy of the year

You suggestions will be a great help
All shortlisted candidates should attend
No video links will be acceptable

Perhaps a debate this weekend will be in order

James :-)

Comments

• Someone has suggested
    " you don't do it like that " award
    or
    " friendly advice on your second race " award
    not sure who they had in mind

Got any more ?

James
  • There are a number of concerned people
    They believe that whilst deserving, Tim Skelding should not get ALL the fun prizes
    I think they have a point
    So perhaps some reflection is required
    The fact that he owns a number of high spec bikes and wears a bandana
    ( Cervelo R3 SL is NOT a winter bike )
    should be considered
    and perhaps this narrows it down to only 1

James
  • good points James but it sounds like you are trying to fix the awards.......horror....... as if these prestigious awards could be tainted with such.........I know of another who has a Look plus another top brand both with Campag record 11 and a "winter bike" trek madone 6.5..hahaha...as if!!!!!!!!! plus all the kit.....now who could that be??..........not to worry folks...We always get the right person on the night.......
  • all white kit requires reflection as well
  • sorry to disappoint but I am now the proud owner of a Cannondale CAAD9 which has a groupset I've never heard of??? ... sounds more like a Vauxhall ....... Tiagra or something??? and it has three bits at the front as well??? so I will clearly be out of one catagory - and all the Rapha kit has gone.... Endura Club Kit being far far better!!!!

So fear not James, I'm certainly not in the 'Nasty Boy' stakes, my Summer bikes haven't had mechanicals, I can't be best lead out rider as I clearly won so many sprints this year ;-) so that leaves just one :-))))
  • A few in the chase for CAV Wannabe
    A certain local farmer made a clear bid today
    Lead the competition straight into a deep hole by last minute swerves ( whilst laughing )
    I think giving bent wheels to others just to win has got to qualify

As for Tim
    I still recall a Belgium man on man race for a white sign
    being beat by the older man must be in Wannabe land
    I particularly liked the " You B@!1*%%$#" quote
    Some things are worth remembering !

The Lord of lingering may involve bottom brackets

Nasty boy may revolve around forum requests to calm dowm

So much to choose from !

Perhaps a few more ideas to help the memory
    Got any ?

PS riding a normal bike for 1 week......
    Too little, too late me thinks
  • Why would anyone set out to harm the the Best Lead Out Rider when so far away from home!??!! Such things can only be considered close to the finish line! PS won't laugh next time, I will get the violin out.
  • well thanks for the nomination
    "Best lead out Man"
    a bit of a surprise ,but
    Any more votes for me on that one ?

unaccustomed as I am ..........
  • you can't be serious Sam.......James as best lead out man...got to be a joke...he's the prime suspect for wheel sucker along with Phil....That has been reclassified this year as CAV Wannabe i.e. winning the sprints without doing the work....just because you dumped him in a hole and then broke away doesn't mean he wouldn't have been on your wheel if you hadn't spoilt it for him///////////sounds like you are bordering on a nasty boy there Sam!!!!!!!!!!

let's clarify this a bit for those not up with it.....Lord of Lingering repairs replaces most punctures because it isn't always a puncture that holds the ride up.......CAV Wannabe explained above.....Biggest poseur has been ably explained earlier.......best lead out rider goes to the one who does most work but doesn't get the glory at the finish...........and Nasty boy of the Year has to be for someone who doesn't mind the flack but enjoys stretching out a ride till it breaks or something equally heinous........that's about half the club when they feel the mood come on or are feeling fit on the day....if my memory serves me right.....so, gloves off and get down to the nominations for those in the frame.
  • Damn.... thats me out of contention for all of them then!!
  • You sound disappointed Tim...........don't worry, just because you don't think you'll get one doesn't necessarily mean you'll miss out......
  • I would like to add that Phil Adams
    can NOT be nasty boy of the year for me
    2 weeks ago he kept dropping back to collect me for the storm
    So it is not true what you all say about him

CAV wannabe is fair enough though !

Our local farmer is always hanging on the back
    can tell you every 100 yards which wheel he will be on
    and is "mildly competitive"
    CAV Wannabe

Any for best lead out man ?

Mark Constable has been there a few times
    ( before he was promoted )

Geoff used to be
    but just gets dropped by the nasty boys these days

Let me think
  • should have had a nasty wannabe then eh James...what a relief........Alec can't be a nasty bot either in my books...the other week he really helped me on a 78 mile hilly ride when my legs had had enough after racing the day before....damn it all.there must be someone out there.......
  • At the begining of the season i would put Jon Sunderland as my lead out man... a great wheel to follow with pistons exploding just at the right time ;-) however, he certainly wised up to my tactics towards the end of the season and I had to use different wheels (& solo tactics) for my clear domination of the sprints :-D

PS - that white sign you were refering to James, if I recall, was an incorrect finish line ( a garage sign as opposed to a village/town sign), so I clearly sat up early... ;-)
  • had forgotten Jon Skelders.......you are right there...the number of rides he didn't pace himself and ran out of puff at beginning of season were legion......what do you reckon Jon?? you in the frame or do you want to "frame" someone else...looks like Sam is high on the billing!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I wondered how long it would take for that nomination; Can't even pace myself on the forum!

Managed to beat James on the Sprint a couple of times as lead out man though, perhaps that disqualifies me?

Jon
  • too littletoo late folks???????
  • definately my most consistent lead out man :-)
  • Definately Jon
    He bust that many blood vessels on the front ( and lost )
    had to let him win a couple
    it was embarrassing ( even for me )

Besides lead out for several miles and still win
    respect
    only Dave Swain in his prime could do that !

"Best Lead Out" definately for Jon
  • remember folks.it's only voting on the night that counts but all this helps those less informed or who don't necessarily do all the rides......