Welcome to the forum

08:00 Saturday 16th - non etape riders - any takers?

edited May 2015 in Club runs
I'm out, anyone fancy it?

Comments

• I'll be out - will you be navigating? I could do with a 117mile ride.....
  • yes the landscaping if going to have to wait...
  • Haha, was kind of hoping one of you guys wd reply.....otherwise I was looking at the Ashwell 10 x 8

:-|
  • I need to be back at a reasonable time so any route dropong me off at Hitchin would be very much appreciated :-)

There is always Hitchin to Bassingbourne three times ;-)
  • I'm racing the North Road time trial on the F14/25 so I won't be out I'm afraid
  • Going to come along till at least half way if that's ok. Still don't think I'm quite there in terms of hanging on for the full 100 at the pace you guys achieve, but got to keep trying. Any ideas on route and whether your coming past Langford?
  • Can't help you there Pete, it's taken me 10 years to navigate to Ashwell ;-)
    I usually just follow Phil, Robbie or James
  • How about we all accept we need to get back at a sensible time and do a chirpy 60miles at a reasonable pace? I am up for a ride tomorrow so long as it is not crap weather. Crap weather = cold = 2 weeks off the bike = even fatter than had I staid at home in the crap weather.
    60miles = back for mid-day.
    I sense some jesting in Phil's desire for 117 miles?
  • Plan is therfield duxford eversden Bourne gransden gravely and do a reverse Grafham loop back - total is 84 - early leavers can turn left at gransden and go back via Croydon hill.......

or for that magical mystery tour experience use skeldog's Garmin
  • Sounds good to me Phil, I'll be out (offering minimal draught to anyone following me as per).
  • Perfect.... I think ?
  • edited May 2015
    Me and Andy_R finished with 87miles at 18.7avg - no stops - back in Ashwell at 12.50
  • thanks Phil for a gr8 route, sorry for leaving you early - son duties - finished on 71 miles av dropped slightly after we left you. Thanks to Vince for a lovely coffee in the sun... back in hitchin at 12:00 ... all good.

some good rides today, pace is definitely hotting up! James - you were flying!! :-)
  • Cheers Phil for navigating, great ride. We worked well together into the headwinds around Grafham.
  • Phil and Andy, good effort keeping the average high for 87 miles. We kept the same average up for 52 miles back to guilden Morden. Enjoyed hosting coffee for the early returners. It felt a lot faster than 18.5mph.
  • Lovely in every respect.

Thanks 'Golden Guns' for the very welcome coffee and cookies and chance to josh with jack :)

Beware these rides are starting to hot up!! Steve has got his legs back I fear it's going to get very hard quite soon...
  • There was talk of a couple of long rides this coming BH weekend. Martin has a route a' la Chiltern 100 and Robbie mentioned a GD100. Watch the forum for more details.