Welcome to the forum

Saturday 16th May 9.30am club ride

edited May 2015 in Club runs
Chaps and Ladies,

I'm having a crack at the 5 counties/5 peaks challenge with some guys from work this weekend. Hopefully it will be a excellent route and we can do it as a club ride sometime in late June/July. Here is the route if you are interested http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/708400235 - it starts in Hitchin and finishes in Royston and is a shade over 100 miles.

As I'm doing this, I'm not going to able to navigate the club ride this week, but Emma has volunteered to be a guest navigator. Watch this space for her exciting route choice......

Enjoy, and I'll see you all next week

Comments

• I'd love to see the route, but it seems I have to be your friend!
  • edited May 2015
    Should be accessible now changed it to public......
  • I was wondering what happened to your 5 peaks challenge David, will be interested to hear how you get on with the trial run. And looking forward to doing it as a club ride. Could probably sort out some end of ride refreshments when we do, as I live just round the corner from Royston station.
  • Sounds like a cracker for the club repertoire, David
    Does it include a caf
  • I will be out for a short ride tomorrow, not a full club length.
  • Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in posting - I have been trying to put together something special! After last weeks fast and flat I have decided to go slow and hilly with 1 cat 4 and 1 cat 5 climb to warm us up. My knowledge around Langley is a little sketchy and so i will require some assistance here.....otherwise we might just end up looping Barkway!

For those who feel that 37miles is barely worth coming out for we have the extra tempter of a loop of the 10 TT course to finish - this is of course optional and will be at club pace not TT pace, perhpas we could try for the clubmans record on normal bikes.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/712798253

Ashwell - Therfield - Barkway - Barley - Great Chishill - Langley - Meesden - Anstey - Buntingford - Sandon - slip end - TT and Northfields :-)

See you tomorrow

Emma
  • Sure does involve a cafe stop or two. For the club run we will have a cafe stop at the top of Wendover hill, stop in Baldock at mine for some refreshments (at about 2/3 of the way through the ride) and then a celebratory pint at The Fox and Duck in Therfield and/or celebration refreshments at chez Timmer.
  • Sounds good, thanks Emma. We'll be there.
  • 10 out on today's ride - followed the route above and am pleased to report that we didn't get lost or lose anyone! Found quite an upmarket triangle for half time refreshments where it had been freshly mown for us and free from any flytipping. A bit breezy and a bit lumpy but a good sprint down slip end with Dave narrowly taking it. 5 lucky people went on to complete the extra 10 mile loop giving us 47 miles at 16.1. Got back to the tuns at the same time as the intermediate group so it would have been rude not to stop for a refreshing beverage in the sun.
    Thanks all for a great morning.
  • Brilliant guest navigating, thanks Emma. I had a lovely cup of tea or two while the others did the TT loop. Still can't believe David ditched us for other cycling friends, but looking forward to trying the 5 peaks and associated cafe stops!
  • We need a "like" button on this forum.
    Susan