Welcome to the forum

sunday 1/11/09 club run

edited October 2009 in Club runs
Is any one still riding sunday just seen the weather its not good, seems a lot of riders are out today instead.
cheers
strappy.

Comments

• I am sure a few souls will be out
    there always is
    I am getting the wet gear and winter bike ready
    probably only do 35 miles though

James
  • Cheers james see you at 9.00 i will bring my flippers & snorkel !!.
  • good to see the wind and rain has stopped now ride finished !

6 went out ( fools )
    crash within 5 miles due to new white lines
    ( did I mention the wind and the rain as well )
    bent wheel a great excuse...then there was 5
    The "nasty boys " tried hard to go slow enough for me
    was like the bismark in a storm slowing down for a 10 ft dingy
    but 2 people now eliminated from the "nasty boy of the year" award
    as far as I am concerned
    I would still be out there now if not for there patience

Unfortunately sign in 3 tuns said "no drowned rats"
    will have to get coffee next week

Righteous feeling not gone yet
    How are you couch potatoes ?
    feeling a bit..........fat

James :-)
  • thanks to all for roadside assistance after the crash and subsequent high speed mudguard ejection!
    not sure who's back wheel got bent - phil? - but let me know if i can help sort it anyway given i hit you, not that i could do much about. ribs a little sore this evening... kit still dripping
  • Stef

good to know you are ok - don't worry about the wheel, i think you have got enough to do sorting out your levers and mud guards!

Phil
  • Thanks all for a good ride, glad your ok stef i only just missed you as you as you went down in front of me.
    Sorry to have split of & leave you all to paddle home but just a couple of miles from my home and the hot shower was calling me.as you all could see my new waterproof gloves are not niether were my shimano boots 1/4 of a litre of rainwater in each, the joys of cycling see you all next week.
    strappy.
  • sounds like a classic.sorry I missed it.NOT..hahaha............Manchester was such a buzz.....GB triumphed and are back on track full bore.....Vicky had a terrific tussle andwon the sprint...the competition is hotting up and the Aussies are out for revenge.........was right on the rails in the home straight on the finish line..the sense of excitement was so much more than simply watching on a screen
  • I was there at 9.05am and very pleased to have missed your ride By this I mean it was not a day for faffs or accidents. Weather was awful. Carmelo also turned up but after a mile thought better of it and turned home. Quite the best move of the day. I was committed having got out and headed straight for Sandon, just to make it really tough. It was blowing a gale up there. Managed a short 1.5 hour loop via Baldock. Never got further than 12 miles from home and was fairly soaked but it was not a freezing day and I do like a bit of a challenge. Glasses were a pain in the driving rain.

regards,

Vincent