Welcome to the forum

6 Day Track in Ghent 2015

edited May 2015 in General
Is anyone planning to ride there again?

Comments

• Tuesday's AGM/Club night a good chance to talk more. I'm tempted, though a route to Ashwell-Dover less than 120 miles - in November - that avoids that nasty A20 is a quandary.
  • thought Ashwell Harwich 80 miles then the sea cat to Zebrugge then Ghent.......overnight at Harwich end or Belgium? Thoughts
  • Harwich - Rotterdam. Picturesque bit of island hoping on the other side. Ferry a bit pricey tho
  • definitely Harwich to Hooke...probably get there for B&B in Harwich...Fryatts Hotel does single room £29 to Twin £39 ...good reviews and Indian restaurant close by so no problems. Up early to catch 09.00 ferry to Hooke adult with bike £40.50 then easy ride down to Ghent for late afternoon.
  • Gents,

Just throwing a couple of points out there: -

1. The only crossings I am aware of are Dover - Calais and Harwich - Hoek Van Holland. The other services mentioned don't exist any more.
    2. Hoek Van Holland to Ghent is the same distance as Calais to Ghent ish but November prevailing winds may alter journey/survivability factors!
    3. Last time I looked at riding to St.Pancras getting the Eurostar to Lille, France and then cycling the 80km.

But I might even consider riding myself.

Richard
  • Sorry everyone...got my ferry routes mixed...Hull/Harwich crosses the line of Harwich to Hoek...Absolutely right Richard.
    Re-think time. Looked so simple.
  • I think you can still do Dover to Oostend on the sea cat. Its less than 2 hours and then only a 50 ish mile ride. Done it quite a few times. easy peasy.

Still undecided about Gent this year but will be gutted if i dont go and Wiggins rides.