Welcome to the forum

Western Summer CX league round 3

Amazingly there were no less than 5 CCA riders racing last night's 3rd round of the Western Summer Cyclocross League at Warmley Forest Park in Bristol. That's right, BRISTOL!

A favourite course of mine was improved by the addition of a new section in the woods at the top of the course and another loop added in on the long descent. The pace was fast and furious in the single hectic start race. I think we all crashed out at some point. My crash was in the top woods, so furthest from the pits to swap an injured wheel (shame I didn't bring a spare leg).

John Polak was in storming form leading the V40, until he wiped out. However he got back on terms and climbed onto the podium as third V40. Podiums also for Felix Field as second U14, Stuart as 3rd V50 and a very impressive ride from Noah gave him a commanding first place in the U16. It is noteworthy that Noah was 24 out of 78 on scratch.

Lots of fun, and it was only Wednesday!

Daniel

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Brilliant!!

The Fields thoroughly enjoyed this.
    Friendly crowd, fast flowing course, great results service and a chance to catch up with JP and Daniel. More importantly though to be around to catch the comments about his bespoke spare wheel carrier.

Team CCA with Daniel's ''sexy'' spare wheel carrier. Who needs those pesky patches or spare tubes?
  • That is great, so many podiums! Daniel, the wheel carrier is genius i fully expect to see it on Wiggle hope you have a pat. pending!