Welcome to the forum

Middle group ride - Sat 7th Nov, 8.30am, Ashwell Garage

edited November 2009 in Club runs
I can make this Saturday for a middle group ride [maybe around 17-18mph av]. Can I suggest a straightforward Grafham Water ride? 63 miles. All in, should be under 4hrs - and I could do with getting back to Ashwell by 12.30pm. I know this scenic route;
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/ashwell/445125701752110242
Optional quick coffee stop at Grafham Water cafe if time/wish/cold.

Other things on the new Saturday middle ride; I will update the main website to ensure no confusion with current Saturday club run. Also, we need to be careful meeting at the garage on Saturdays - as they're open that day. We should have a polite chat with the owner.

Comments

• Not going to be able to make this Saturdays ride. Things to do and a rugby match to watch. Have a good one.
  • I should be there. Main rugby match of the weekend doesn't kick off until 5.15pm ;-)

Chris
  • i think I'm on for sunday this week chaps... have a good one
  • Martin
    now and again i get a saturday off this week is one them could i tag on the back of your ride instead of sunday ride
    got a lot to do sunday.
    cheers strappy
  • See you all at the garage at 8.30am.
  • Aim to join you tomorrow as we have guests on Sunday.
    See you 8.30am. No hills on Grafham ride but good company all the same.
    Vincent
  • 6 out. Me, Robbie, Strappy, Chris, Phil Adams, Vince. Sunny, bit breezy. Testing pace. No hitches - 62 miles, 18mph av and back 12.10pm. Top ride. Am on for a sunday ride next week.
  • Martin thanks for letting me tag along @ waiting for me on the hills as per norm,split of at gamlingay to save a few miles done 75 miles in all @ 17.5 mph.
    will be back to normal next sunday.
    strappy.
  • Enjoyed the ride chaps. Good group. Might go south of the A505 next week for a hilly one... 8.30 as usual.
  • Good ride chaps, thoroughly enjoyed it. Saturday next week for me too.
  • Weather report. We could be lucky and dodge a band of rain.
  • Robbie
    I'll be there but have been ill this week so might need to go a bit shorter.
    Chris
  • Chris, Phil and Robbie escaped the down pour but a hard ride with a strong head wind for most of the way.
    A roundabout route via Thriplow then onto Barley. Stretch down to Slip End 505 we were hitting 30mph hardly touching the pedals.
    Derserve a big lunch.