Welcome to the forum

25 Record

edited June 2015 in Time Trial
After forking out a fair amount in petrol this Spring, I was finally able to sneak under Justin's record yesterday (on the R25/3) with 51:32. I will enjoy holding it until June 27th when he'll no doubt put it out of sight...

DW

Comments

• Great ride, unbelievable time.
  • Somehow this ride had escaped me, apologies for that David, fantastic ride, records website needs a major update, hopefully later today.
  • Still a great ride David..well done!
  • Chapeau! Dream time.
  • Thanks all... but I have a feeling it will look very 'ordinary' by the end of the month!
  • Well done David on getting the new club record.
    Will you also be riding on the 27th?
    FYI for anyone else, this is the API Metrow 25 on the E2/25 course
  • Clarry is 34 weeks now so time is rapidly running out on my season... I am afraid I will have to skip the Silverstone TTT for one final throw of the dice on the A25/11 (June 20th).

Though I am still hoping fatty will partner me in the Duo Normand on 27th September.
  • Made it a bit harder for the big fella today on the A25... 50:16
  • Good work. We can't have him having all the records. There's also some new competition from one of Mitchy's mates who's just joined up and rode the silverstone 9up with us yesterday. Exceedingly strong rider, looking like more records will be broken...
  • Great ride ...well done!
  • 49:31 for Justin as predicted on Saturday... Big love to the big man.
  • David the duo de Normandy is a fabulous event. CCAshwell should do a trip for it. It's about 35 miles, two up time trifling on gentle terrain on closed roads. Proam event. You even get a follow car with you names stick on the bumper. It's a fabulous event with full razzmatazz in the town square. Tie it in with a long weekend and you get two days riding with your buddies. Think on it.
  • "Good work. We can't have him having all the records. There's also some new competition from one of Mitchy's mates who's just joined up and rode the silverstone 9up with us yesterday. Exceedingly strong rider, looking like more records will be broken..."

Oi Will I only had the one till last weekend ;-)

It will be great if we can coordinate the TT's we are all doing and really make an impact on team medals and TTT's
  • You'll have the lot by the end of the season though...
  • And what's so wrong in clubmates having a real ding dong for the records :-) brilliant rides guys. It's great to see how the club racing environment is thriving. It also gives the youth a target for when they want to test themselves...all good
  • edited July 2015
    Will - not looking like I'll be doing anything longer than a 30 this season unless a get some 'comfort' issues sorted. There is every chance you'll break your own record if you ride the Shaftesbury event on 18th of this month.

"It also gives the youth a target for when they want to test themselves...all good" Yup good point it should just make some of the times they see and hear about normal and thus more than achievable.

"Isn't that tester, what's his name......yeah Layneeey, just some middle aged heavy dude"

" Yeah I heard he's not even very powerful just he's got some weird looking super-fast helmet!"