Welcome to the forum

Chain Gang 2nd June

edited June 2015 in Chain gangs
Is this on tonight? Forecast looks ok....ish. Sudden drop in wind at 7 from 42 to 20 mph!!

Comments

• The weather was like this a few weeks ago: super fast to Bassingbourn, and a struggle back to Steeple. Averaged out around 21mph I think.

I'll be up for the same tonight. I'll then be going over to the Tuns - Club Night/AGM @ 8.30pm.
  • Hello. New member. Paid my membership Sunday evening. Would like to run up and try to hang on if that's ok? What time do you start? Is it from the pub? Thanks.
  • Hi Adam - welcome

Yes from the pub. Departing 7.30 Best to look at the previous threads on the chain gang tab at the top with times groups and advice.

Stuart
  • I'll be waiting at Steeple Morden junction - next to the church/pub. From about 7.35pm
  • Sorry, I'm not out tonight.
    Will be at the AGM though.
  • Stuart F - Great. I've been stalking the CCA forum for a while and am hoping should be at a level now to participate. See you at the pub. Thank you.
  • Going to skip this week, the sudden gusts of wind are rather scary!
  • Ok. Change of plan. I'll be at the Tuns @ 7-30.
    Tom - c'mon. The wind's dying down as I type!
  • The sudden gusts aren't!
  • I'll be there.
  • cannot get out tonight as I have Dad's duties instead. enjoy the ride. Echelons likely so consider the side of the wind for the turns and remember 2 abreast (we cannot really do full road echelons unfortunately but should shelter the slower line from the wind. Keep it together and times should be fast.
  • Thanks all. 7 out tonight.

What did you think Adam?

Noah and I really enjoyed that. Tough on the front pulling into the wind but think we all kept it together pretty well given the conditions. Nice flying out to Bassingbourn

I got 22.3 for lap 1 and 22 for lap 2
  • edited June 2015
    My first Tuesday chaingang of 2015 and very enjoyable. Everyone working well and it kept together for two complete laps. Really high standard of riding in the group tonight.

Some sections were tough but I think the wind had dropped since the afternoon. Hardly a balmy Summer evening.

Hopefully out next week.
  • Great ride thanks guys. Exactly what I wanted. Can't wait for the next one.

Really friendly and was made to feel very welcome. Looking forward to getting involved.
  • Thanks for the stats Stuart.
    A good effort in very windy conditions.

I'm away with work next week so not out.
  • I'm not around next week as going to watch the tour series in Peterborough which is always good viewing. Am back the week after. Thanks again
  • I got 22.3mph lap 1.
    22.1mph lap 2.

9 out. Really well disciplined. Cheers! Great to see carmelo out.

Hopefully the weather will give us a break soon!
  • Thanks Martin my counting skills are obviously lacking. Hardly seems surprising now that I was dropped from my schools maths dept!!!