Welcome to the forum

Club Rides Sunday 14th June - Letchworth start & (photo)finish!

edited June 2015 in General
As you all probably know, next weekend will be the Letchworth round of the Tour of Hertfordshire series of cycling festivals. We have 260 entries to date and counting!
CCA are supporting this through organising circuit racing in Letchworth town centre from lunchtime with an 8 hour road closure - details can be found by clicking here

As part of the festival it would be great for the club rides next Sunday to start and finish in Letchworth town centre.
The race course will be closed to traffic but open for cycists before the racing starts between 12.00 and 12.45 - so... if you can time your club ride well, the sprint finish could be a photofinish!

Those of you that have volunteered to marshal and judge the events, thank you

Jamie

Comments

• very sorry to be missing this milestone in the club's development and growth.
    Well done to everyone involved with this event and I wish you fine weather and hope it is really successful.
    We will be thinking of you on our training rides in Durham.
  • During the Tour of Cambridgeshire yesterday I got chatting (you know me) to a few riders and invited them ALL to the inaugural Letchworth Grand Prix Cycling Festival (seemed rude not to)

Somebody from St Neots CC said he'd had an email about it - so well done to whoever is managing the local PR/comms for this event - clearly the message has been getting through. He was very impressed that CCA had managed to get permission and said they've been trying and will keep trying to host more events. Also spoke to a few people from further afield who have non-cycling friends in Ashwell and 2 of them were seriously thinking about combining a visit next Sunday to the Festival + the friend. With any luck that'll drum up more goodwill amongst the residents of Ashwell, which will surely ease the path to more CCA events and perhaps hosting them even closer to the home of CCA

260 entries is amazing! Already sounds like it'll be well-supported on the day. All fingers now crossed for good weather