Welcome to the forum

Saturday 13th June 0800

edited June 2015 in General
Quite a lot of the usual early morning Saturday crew are up at Geoff's this weekend, but for anyone who is around I am thinking of a variation of the Brickhill Cheeky route. The longest route I have mapped out is just over 100miles.

Comments

• See you Saturday
  • Yep with plenty of FTP please

There be a 30 mile Interclub coming up....
  • edited June 2015
    I should make it out
  • Hope this works, here is the link to the route.

• Apols chaps, won't make it after all, little injury not quite cleared sufficiently to manage the distance. Might see you out in a couple of weeks time.
  • edited June 2015
    Just me and martinh out today - martin navigated us over to the Chilterns via brickhill, mentmore and the edge of Tring - lots of little lanes with lots of gravel - 2 punctures for martin and 1 for me - don't think it stopped raining all the way round....but still very enjoyable...

108 miles 5500ft of climbing, avg speed =17.2
  • Wet wet wet. Despite the rain I really enjoyed the ride with a few different roads. I suffered with a repeating cheese sandwich after the stop at Aldbury, so felt quite sick until we got the other side of Sundon. Was really glad of Phil's wheel in in the later miles, but the wet roads made it like sitting in front of a hose pipe.

Some nice roads, which would be great in the dry and would probably less of a puncture fest. We took a different route back to the one published, which did not save any miles but cut off about 600m of climbing.