Welcome to the forum

Justin does it again!

edited June 2015 in General
Justin, myself, Steven Jennings, Michael Martin and Carmelo rode the VTTA 10 on the E2/10 last night. It was the first mid week evening event on the course, the organiser (Mark Arnold) has worked hard with the district to get an evening event sanctioned on the course, and based on the success of last night with a full field I hope there will be more next year. (there is just one more, next week, Vets only, entry has closed now).
Conditions were fair, not super quick, there was a moderate 8mph cross wind on both legs of the course so there was no wind assistance on either, and it felt like you had to work equally hard on both legs. For a comparison, on the same course 3 weeks ago with the wind head out/tail back, I averaged 26.1mph out and 30.9mph back, last night I did 28.2mph out and 28.8mph back. Conditions were only slightly better really.

Justin beat his time from 3 weeks ago by 5s, and has set a NEW CLUB RECORD: 19.26. Awesome ride.
He came second and only 6s off winner Matt Smith, who came 5th in the National 50 last weekend.
I did 21:17, a little quicker than my last time.
Steven & Michael tied on 21:58 and Carmelo did 23:00
Results HERE

Comments

• He's done it again! 49.31 in the API Metrow 25 today, new club record.
    David Woodhouse did 51.34, I did 52.58 for a PB, not sure on other times but looks like Andy Whale was close to my time, he might have pipped me.
    Tough day for early starters, headwind out and not much of a tail back. But warm, bright and a great day for racing.
  • 52:43 for me I'm afraid. Also a new PB
  • Brilliant ride Justin! Well done...

Tough day for me ..57.33 ,low watts not good sensations and not great ride....do you think CCA stand a chance of team with Justin,Dave and Andy?
  • No, Team Velovelocity would have got it I think.
    Good ride Andy, close.
  • I heard a rider got knocked off on purpose by someone towing a caravan. Hope he's ok. 2 incidents in a week is worrying.
  • edited June 2015
    That was not yesterday's event but was on Thursday.
    I disagree with your comment saying it was on purpose, the rider involved has posted on a forum the details.
  • You know it's still vary strange getting these times. I know they're not unbelievably fast but it seems only recently I got myself a roadbike after going round our club course on a mtb.

I remember Jason blasting past me like I was standing still just out of Guildon and thinking 'How on earth is it possible to go that fast??? I looked at the results of some opens and saw the fastest times were sometimes averaging 30mph. I found a flat bit of road and tried but I could only hit 30 in a flat out sprint :-)
  • Well done Justin. Some very inspiring words there as well ^^
  • Ok Pearce, Sorry I stand corrected.
  • edited July 2015
    Justin's been admitted to the RTTC Hall of Fame. I assume this is our Justin (no CCA kit), sorry Justin, I don't know you personally!

justin

http://www.ttlegends.org/men-cyclists/?mid=2164
  • that's our Justin Kevin. Also see Jackie Field is in there. It's a great site and well done to both CCA riders. Pity the site doesn't credit the clubs they belong to. When you see Alex Dowsett's time you seriously wonder how anyone can keep that average....over 2 minutes faster than Justin and his time is seriously scary.