Welcome to the forum

Delta Brakes on ebay

edited November 2009 in General
Just out of interest really, ive put a pair of Campagnolo Croce d` aune delta brakes on ebay. They belong to Geoff who picked them up on his Olmo which was otherwise shod with Shimano 105. The proceeds are to go to the youth section (good on yer Geoff)

These things are from late 80`s/early 90`s and very collectable. They`re gorgeous things, wildly over complicated and were pretty useless as brakes, tended to be on or off sort of thing. If your doing up an 80`s italian classic though they`re a must have.

These ones are in great mechanical shape, have a few light scratches but are let down by the non original blocks. Croce d` aune was a groupset below record but im still hopeful they will get somewhere near £100.

Interestingly a set identical to these albeit unused in box and in the rarer black finish went last night for £600!!!!! Ah... campag heaven...

Anyway, will be interesting to see what they do, any one out there doing a retro rebuild? Stick Campagnolo Delta brakes into ebay and ours are the "duckathome" ones.

Tim.

Comments

• thanks Tim..........
  • Tim

I will follow your eBay sale with interest as I have a Croce d' Aune rear mech which I bought in the mid 80's when the groupset came out. Its in as new condition as I never used it because my
    Nouvo Record mech worked so perfectly. I think that the Delta was an example of the design and engineering excellence of Campagnolo but as with all centre pulls was prone to going out of alignment

As a matter of interest when Italian racing cyclist Tullio Campagnolo was climbing the Croce d' Aune in the late 20's and he struggled to release his rear wheel wingnuts after a puncture
    he thought there must be better way so in 1930 he invented and patented the quick release skewer.
  • hope it gets better than 99p Tim.........that would be a real loss for the youth section.seems like a few of that type on sale......c'est la vie
  • Thanks for that Mike, i think your mech might go pretty well, esp. if its in great nick.

Dont worry Geoff we`ll get more than 99p, ive got 30 odd watchers.
  • so what happened Tim...???
  • What did i tell you?......£102, not bad.
  • I've just spotted another pair of these on eBay for £2,995.00 - they come complete with a free bike - see item number: 270482505613
  • hahaha John.......nice one Tim...Youth section finances looking good.this goes towards those new small track bikes we will need next year.