Welcome to the forum

Colchester grass track.

edited June 2015 in Grass Track
Today, a sea of Ashwell riders took to the grass. A rainy start meant that there was a delay in starting the event. Also, this meant that the time trials were in the rain, resulting in some people nearly losing their back wheels! The next event was the devil, with each race very exciting. The devil was also when I realised how big the u10's field was with at least 20 riders(probably more!). After the devil was the unknown distance, which is always interesting for the riders and spectators.For the youth races they seemed to be generous by only doing 1 or 2 laps, but the adults race was a long one. The next race was the handicap, but the handicapping wasn't that great, meaning that by the time the winner had crossed the line, the overall contenders still had a 1/4 of a lap to go. The final race of the day was the scratch race, which was a monster 8k race for the adults. Luckily there was less laps for the children's races. It was a great event and everybody looked like they were enjoying themselves.
Below are as many results as I can remember:

U10's

2nd Joe Hadsley

4th Evan Foulkes

U12's

1st Nathan Hardy

3rd Archie Foulkes

Adults

6th Ian Foulkes.

Comments

• Good write up Nathan.

A good if very long day's racing. The unknown distance was the highlight for the seniors with myself, Ian and Shelton blocking off the front in the neutralised laps then all 3 of us going from the gun when the racing started. A risky move but one that nearly worked with Ian coming up one lap short after leading for the whole race.
  • Well done to all the CCA riders - you did us proud. As Dave says, the Unknown distance race was a highlight for CCA albeit the bell ringer was clearly biased and waited till the field had caught Iain before he rang the bell! Great to watch though. I was a bit gutted to find out that they actually had a women-only event and that there were more than 2 women racing. I wish I'd taken a bike.

Lindsey