Welcome to the forum

Problems With Youth Racing - Please Read

edited November 2009 in Club runs
It appears that whilst the Imperial Winter Series for adults starts on 5/12/09 the sister Youth Series is not commencing until 9/1/10. Therefore there will be no racing for youth at Hillingdon until after christmas.

There is a race at Hogg Hill on 5/12/09 (£4.50 for U8,U10,U12 and £5.50 for U14 & U16) and my lot will be going there but this is it for Youth Road Racing in 2009. There is also the option of Mountain Bike racing at Thetford on 6/12/09 but at £25 I think the entry fee is a bit steep.

Apologies for any confusion. I was basing my plans on what happened last year when the Youth races were announced a long time after the adult series. I think the parents of those children interested in racing should get together one evening to discuss aspirations for 2010. Any interest??

Richard

Comments

• Thanks for the update Richard. We may struggle on 5th as we are going to Manchester on the 6th. Happy to get together to have a chat about the 2010 racing - will be at the meeting on 13th so can catch up there.
  • Hi,

Don't forget there is plenty of cyclo-cross between now and Christmas. A mountain bike is fine, entry fees are low and most events don't involve too much travelling. I am at most events so can provide advice and take youth riders round for a practice lap.

Cyclo-Cross is great fun and a great way of developing bike handling skills. Parents can have a go as well, there are always novice riders tackling the events.

Next weekend (Saturday) is a bit of a trek to Redgrave near Diss, but the course involves plenty of road (closed public road) for those who want some tarmac under their wheels.

Mark.
  • http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/road/article/roa20091109--Winter-Racing-in-London-Starts-December-0

HERE IS THE LINK FOR HILLINGDON NEWS AND UPDATE