Welcome to the forum

Help for Saturday club runs?

edited November 2009 in Club runs
Hi I would like to do the saturday club runs. I am a member of the club and have applied (but not yet recieved) my BCC silver and race lisence. You may know me as Steve from the grass track in the summer.
I was just wondering where I should meet everyone (I am a youth) as I have never done a club run but would like to do so.
Any information would be much appreciated

Thanks, Steve

Comments

• Hi Steve...geoff here...Club run on Saturdays with the youth section when we start...probably Sat 14th at 9.30 from 37 silver street or Sunday club run starting at 9.00am from the garage in Ashwell, but there has to be a rider with CRB clearance if one of your parents isn't riding along.
  • Ok thanks geoff, CRB being criminal rocord bureau?
  • By rocord I mean record
  • Yes Steve.Richard Maynard and I have that ......not sure who else does in our club apart from the coaches..Richard, an update please of those who have been cleared would help here
  • Stevo, Geoff

All of the trainers and most of the committee are CRB'd. However, from memory, there are no current members of the Saturday Ride that have gone through the process. Therefore we will have to arrange someone to go on the Saturday's you want to ride out or you'll have to persuade one of your parents! If you're fit enough for a Sunday Club Ride then I think we have this one covered.

This weekend looks a bit grim for either ride.

The over riding rule for Youth riders is don't just turn up on Saturday or Sunday hoping that someone will take the responsibility. You'll need to come onto the forum or contact one of us directly to see if we can get someone on the ride who has been CRB'd.
  • Further,

I'm not available this weekend at all.
  • Richard

I have CRB clearance through another youth organisation - does this 'qualify' or do i have to get CCA specific

Phil
  • up until now you needed a separate CRB for each activity....rules are changing...is it a recent CRB Phil or an old one....personally the new ruling can't come soon enough....seems daft and unnecessary to waste time and money continually repeating the same exercise.
  • The CRB check was October 2008