Welcome to the forum

Tuesday Chain Gang

edited July 2015 in Chain gangs
Hoping to do the chain gang and club room on Tuesday. Weather looks cooler but still hopefully dry.

Would be good to get enough out for two groups again.

Comments

• Noah and I planning to be there
  • I'm in.
  • Is this still 19:30??
  • yes from the Tuns
  • See you at Steeple Morden.
  • Weather forecast is 19C with a clear blue sky and SW breeze.

Looking good for tonight.
  • Hope to get back for this tonight
  • There for a medio group @ 22-23 mph

Jeremy - "Breeze" might be an understatement!
  • Will be there.
  • 14 out.

Lap 1: 23.3 mph
    Lap 2: 23.5 mph
    Lap 3: lol. Me and Vince talking about life. The universe and everything.

A bit jumpy at times. But pretty smooth. Pete T... Valiant taking us thru the hill climb but sacrificial :-(

Good one. Nice seeing Hitchin out again too.
  • edited July 2015
    Thanks everyone. Noah and I really enjoyed that. Could not hold on to that acceleration up the last hill. Only 5m off the back but could not bridge back :-( Thought Noah did well to hold on in the faster bits on his youth gearing. (I saw 35mph as a max)

I have not looked back but is that one of the faster times for the medio?

just looked at Strava and Adam got a KoM out of the ride. That hardly seems fair as we should of all got the same time :-) EDIT just uploaded Noah's and it would seem Adam Vincent and Noah are sharing the KoM

Lot of video to look at hopefully post soon.
  • edited July 2015
    Enjoyed that tonight. Rode it as a bigger group which helped on a windy night. Not quite as smooth as previous weeks but maybe the wind and differences in fitness/ability level in the group didn't help.

Still great fun and a real buzz from group riding at pace. Look forward to seeing the vid Stuart.

Until next week......
  • Wow... yes, I see we KOMmed the war memorial hill Steeple-Litlington. Up and over at 27.7mph, 1st out of 1,831 riders.

Not sure we bagged much on the road coming back in t'wind...

But well done Chainers!
  • Guess you guys that got the KoM were in the pace line for most of that section.
  • Cant believe i left my phone in the office and have missed out on this achievement!

A bit jumpy a times yesterday but as always a good ride
  • Good fun again thanks guys. Bit twitchy but all was well and really enjoyed the end result. Great riding at speed continuously. Looking forward to that video. Thanks.