Welcome to the forum

weds 11th nov ride and CCA annual trophies

edited November 2009 in Club runs
9 riders out today, bit grey, damp and foggy but then it is the middle of nov. lots of mud on the roads along with all the leaves. went out to buntingford, westmilll, watton at stone then back via walkern etc. 35 miles at 15.5 m/h.

a few riders looking to join the fray for the CCA annual trophy awards. sam definately up for best lead out man today, superb long lead out from rushden to the a505, and after being on the front most of the morning. i tried for cav wannabe, shamelessly wheelsucking the whole way, but it doesnt really count if you get beaten in the sprint does it... tim duckett took the sprint. geoff from royston a contender for the lingering puncture, 2 today and a faulty tube. no action on the nasty boy or poseur front though.

Comments

• hahahaha.brilliant Stef.........nominations hotting up
  • edited November 2009
    Ummm, not sure what I was doing on the front, not really a lead out man of any discription. I think I just got badly positioned for my usuall 'shameless wheelsucking cav wannabe' spot. I need to refine my tactics!!
  • The things people will do to try and put others off the scent
    shame on you

We want a REAL lead out MAN
  • was a bit of a wussy excuse.can't abide grovelling.....that reminds me James...we used to have a most or best excuses prize...think we'd better reinstate it or something similar.any thoughts?/