Welcome to the forum

8am Sat 18th July

edited July 2015 in General
I can't remember if several of the normal Saturday morning crew are up at Geoff's this weekend?

My suggestion of route below. Cafe stop in Stockbridge country park which I have not been to before, which is about 90km.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/9301602

Comments

• I'll be there. Geoff's trip is next week-end

Dom
  • Something a bit shorter and with repeats on Coombe Lane be in my diary.

Interclub 25 on Sunday too so don't get too tired - you know you want to
  • Should be there
  • edited July 2015
    Wont be out this Saturday - saving my legs for the Interclub 25.

Have a good 'un.
  • edited July 2015
    Sun cream at the ready :)
  • Cannot get out tomorrow. Have a good one
  • Guys sorry to cut it short. Legs were completely shot today. Hope the rest of the ride went well?

Dom
  • Strong ride today and I was clinging on by my fingernails for a fair bit of it. Then came Langford Hill and as Phil cruised into the distance, I battered myself some more

Did enjoy the short (far too short) descent from the motorway bridge which somehow sparked me off again for another beasting to Hinxworth and beyond. Needless to say, the sprint was won by somebody much stronger than me ... and now I ache everywhere. Just breathing makes my ribs hurt

Big thanks to Martin for navigating (although he somehow forgot to plan in the tailwind) and for everybody's hard work on the front
  • edited July 2015
    6 out - strong breeze and heavy roads and of course brick hill made the "out" part tough - incredibly strong riding by martin as ever

the "return" after a well earned cafe break at stockgrove park ensured very welcome wind assistance home.....

finished on 90 miles at avg 18.3......

liking the QoM jersey jane
  • There was a bit of a tail wind. Felt a bit cooked when I got in and stairs have been a real effort this afternoon. Great fun though.
  • I watched The Tour this afternoon and then had a kip...
  • Great ride, thanks for navigating Martin! Relieved to see that I wasn't the only one a bit knackered afterwards- having a rest day today, but feels like I've had lead injected into my thighs overnight...