Welcome to the forum

Club & Interclub 25m TT, Sun 19 July, 9am... start information

edited July 2015 in Time Trial
Interclub 25 mile time trial – 19th July 2014
Promoted for and on behalf of Cycling Time Trials - Under their rules and regulations

Headquarters – Guilden Morden village hall, Fox Hill Road, SG8 0JD

Signing on and numbers will be available from 0800h. There is parking at the HQ. Please park on the Northern side of the Village Hall’s field, that is away from the pub side.

£4.00 entry fee per rider to cover CTT levy and event costs.

Timekeepers – David Jones and Andy Skeen.

IMPORTANT SAFTEY NOTICE
In the interests of your own safety, Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a hard-shell Helmet that meets an internationally accepted standard. In accordance with Regulation 15 ALL JUNIOR competitors must wear Protective Hard Shell Helmets and have a signed parental consent form. It is recommended that a working rear light either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.

Course

2 (and a bit) laps of the F14/12
Start; Just South of the Wrestlingworth crossroads at the top of the hill heading towards Guilden
Turn left in Guilden onto New Road towards Shingay/Wendy. - please familiarise yourself with this turn as there will be no marshal here.
Turn left at T junction with A1198 (CARE, BUSY ROAD!)
Turn left at roundabout onto B1042
Turn left at Wrestlingworth Crossroads and through the start. Complete a second lap and carry on to finish just before Guilden Morden sign.

First rider off at 9:01

1. Jeremy Prodger - CC Ashwell
2. James Spence - Hitchin Nomads CC
3. Terry Sykes - Bedfordshire Road CC
4. Ross Poulon - Icknield R C
5. Luke Danckert - CC Ashwell
6. Mick Case - Bedfordshire Road CC
7. Richard Glover - CC Ashwell
8. Josh Warren - PTT
9. Maurice Burton - Icknield R C
10. Steven Jennings - CC Ashwell
11. Chris Jones - Icknield R C
12. James McKenzie - CC Ashwell
13. David Marstontaylor - Bedfordshire Road CC
14. Martin Webb - Icknield R C
15. Simon Doyle - Hitchin Nomads CC
16. Mark Greenhow - St Neots CC
17. Gill Fullen - Bedfordshire Road CC
18. Noah Field - CC Ashwell
19. Dave Wilson - St Neots CC
20. Lindz Barral - Equipe Velo PTT
21. Jackie Field - CC Ashwell
22. Gary Moore - Bedfordshire Road CC
23. Nigel Wilson - Hitchin Nomads CC
24. James Dow - CC Ashwell
25. Patrick Smith - Bedfordshire Road CC
26. Simon Richardson - St Neots CC
27. Vince Frielander - CC Ashwell
28. Neal Cannell - Bedfordshire Road CC
29. Harry Newton - Icknield R C
30. Jason Stuart - CC Ashwell
31. Daniel Sibley - Bedfordshire Road CC
32. Martin Lawless - CC Ashwell
33. Stuart Travers - Icknield R C
34. Steve Smith - Hitchin Nomads CC
35. Jon Friend - Bedfordshire Road CC
36. Matthew Scales - CC Ashwell
37. Chris Priestley - Bedfordshire Road CC
38. Emma Koppe - CC Ashwell
39. Tony Baines - Icknield R C
40. Kieron Lewis - Bedfordshire Road CC
41. Mark Desborough - Hitchin Nomads CC
42. Andrewmark Smith - Bedfordshire Road CC
43. Nigel Tooke - Hitchin Nomads CC
44. Elaine Travers - Icknield R C
45. Richard Golding - Equipe Velo PTT
46. David Lindsay - St Neots CC
47. Richard Pratt - Icknield R C
48. Phil Bierton - Bedfordshire Road CC
49. Simon Rinaldo - St Neots CC
50. Andy Whale - CC Ashwell
51. John Watson - Hitchin Nomads CC
52. David Cook - Bedfordshire Road CC
53. Andy Beezer - Icknield R C
54. Nick Senechal - Hitchin Nomads CC
55. Thomas Weir - CC Ashwell
56. Mark Gray - Bedfordshire Road CC
57. James Davis - CC Ashwell
58. David Morgan - Icknield R C
59. John Thorpe - CC Ashwell
60. Simon Norman - Bedfordshire Road CC
61. Lee Holmes - CC Ashwell

Comments

• Parking - please note...

We've got kind permission from Guilden to park on the recreation ground - and so keeping off the nearby roads and keeping residents happy.

Note: you access the ground by driving into and through the village hall car park. I'll put a sign out where there's a missing bollard to get on to the grass.

Please park on the north side of the Rec, facing the village hall. If that's full, please park to the west side facing the pub. Basically: keep off the football and cricket pitches in case the cars do the surface in.

Thanks.
  • Thanks for the help and pushing off everyone, sorry I had to shoot off to work.

Emma - I heard that you were responsible for the Guiness and Chocolate cake. It changed my life. Please post the recipe on here!
  • I can confirm that the Chocolate Guinness cake was delicious and well worth being strongarmed into having by the junior sales team

big thanks to all for a well organised and enjoyable event

cheers

Simon
  • Massive thank you to all that were helping today - Hope CCA performed well overall.
  • edited July 2015
    If only there was a CCA cup for cake baking.....

I hope it changed your life in a good way - basically you just need cocoa and guiness and you can't go wrong. Recipe to follow.

Still gutted that the massive increase in wind for the second half ruined my chances of a pb -after this and last years torrential downpour I'm requesting an early start next year!

Massive thanks to everyone who helped today especially timekeepers and marshalls - without you this event couldn't have happened.
  • Thanks to all who helped today, especially James for organising. Some excellent results by CCA.
  • Emma I don't know much about time trialling but I bust a gut and didn't go much faster than you. It was a tough day with the wind and unless I really flagged at the end the wind definitely got stronger. There was no way I could eat cake after the ride but think the Guiness cake should win a prize based on the commendations above.

James and all who helped and organized the event many thanks and remind me not to do a TT again in a hurry. Second 25 in 25 years and now know that I ride 2 mins. 45 seconds slower than before. Is that a good thing? Perhaps I need a smurf hat and praying mantis bars for my third 25TT.