Welcome to the forum

Sunrise ride, Sat 25th JULY 6.30am, St Ives 60 miler

edited July 2015 in General
Sort of a Pru 100 ride simulator? Early start... flat ride?

Jane and Phil K will be leaving Ashwell, Tuns, 6.30am.
I will be at Guilden Morden, at the time trial course T-junction, 6.40am. Maybe Vince too.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7547675

Quick coffee at the Costa over the other side of St Ives bridge. The espresso expresso will be keeping it nice and steady. On this super flat fast route that means 19mph+. Try it!

Sunrise 5.11am.

Martin 07977 652 247

Comments

• All welcome. Please post here if you're interested

Ride may start at Guilden, rather than Ashwell - TBC
  • I have a family member coming up on Friday night who is also training but we may go out either on a later ride or just the two of us.

Dom
  • Martin, a bit cheeky I know but the couple of times you've done this route it's been a day when I'm working... Sadly tomorrow is no exception, is there anyway you could post a route link for my Garmin ? ;-) cheers mate, Nigel
  • Nigel, click on the export tab on the right hand side. TCX and GPX options there
  • Nice one, will try that later, thanks ;-)
  • Hi Nigel

If it helps: here is a 7-day download link to a folder with the TCX and GPX files for the route;

http://we.tl/7KkjbjQm30

I'm not familiar with Garmins. But hopefully these do the trick.

The morning...

I'm not sure anyone is at Ashwell for this at 6.30am, so it's game on at 6.40am at the TT route T-junction at Guilden, end of Dubbs Knoll Rd.

I'm suggesting single-file to St Ives into the headwind. Keep all that chatting nonsense until later in the morning at Costa and the tailwind back.
  • Thanks Martin.....
  • Hi All

Is this going ahead whatever the weather as it looking a bit grim - well according to BBC?
  • Aye. Should be fine. It's quite warm and the headwind will generate heat. Mudguards advised.
  • edited July 2015
    I'm going through my annual attempt to get back into cycling!

Would like to join you and will head backwards on the route from Potton to Wrestlingworth and meet you at ~7 ish on route if that is okay?

Dave.
  • It'd be great to see you back Dave. Loads more CCA racers around these days for that extra bit of motivation. Av it!

See you tomorrow. Go via Cockayne Hatley from Potton.
  • It's been a long week. Think I am good to go for tomorrow am.
    6.20 to 6.25am for small coffee to go at mine then depart from Martins spot for 6.30am.
    Can do a green tea with lemon too.
    Place your orders otherwise it's whit coffee.
  • Hi, I'd like to join you in the morning?

I've been on a couple of 09.30 rides and done a few midweek TTs.

Hopefully this is ok and see you at 6.40 at the junction.

Regards,

Gareth
  • Mc sorry you cannot make it. Catch up soon.
  • Gareth... See you there!
    MC... Post car keys thru their letterbox.
    M.
  • Good ride, good company, tired legs!

I had 48 miles @ 19.4 mph by the time I got back.
  • Thank you for letting me tag along and sorry for holding you up at the start whilst I was faffing with my front brakes.

Really enjoyed the ride.
  • Thanks All, that was a great ride. At least, that's what my brain keeps telling my legs, but my legs are telling a slightly different story

Shocking weather for July. Reckon that's the 1st winter ride of 2015 out of the way

Gareth - if anyone did any' holding up' it wasn't you. Lanterne rouge is mine, all mine
  • Top ride! Me, Jane, Phil k, Dave R (is back!), Gareth and Vincenzo.

19.2mph there. 20.4mph back. Weather fine. But blummin' windy!

Not to be outdone by the fancy Sky team bus, check out our branded CCA tractor.

null

null

London 100 ride for me next week: back on it in August.
  • So gutted to of missed it !!
  • Cheers Marty, enjoyed that - something satisfying about being on the road at 6.30 and having done 60 miles by mid morning...

Thanks for navigation

Enjoy your pru 100
  • Great ride and superb company. Thanks all and welcome to Gareth and welcome back to Dave.