Welcome to the forum

Anyone want to ride at the Green Arrows Grass track event? Entries needed

edited July 2015 in General
Hi - we've had a message from the organiser of the Green Arrow grass track event that's being held in Hertford on 9th August. They're short of entries. It would be a great opportunity for people to give grass track racing a try. Great warm up for the Ashwell end of season event too.

Dear All,

I am contacting you in the hope that you, or members of your club might be planning to enter the Green Arrow Grass Track on the 9 August. As usual it is being held on the very fast 400M track at Sele School in Hertford and this year features the National Men's 800M Championship, a round of the National Endurance Series and will include the Simon Layfield Memorial 8km.

At present entries close tomorrow but I have just contacted Paul West and asked if he could agree to extend this to the 29 July. I am especially short of entries from women and youth riders and Go Ride entrants but would welcome additional entries from all categories as the event is looking rather small at present. On line entries are possible and if the closing date is extended then postal entries would still be possible for those who prefer to keep the mail service in business!

I like to think that this is a friendly and fun event that also provides excellent racing and hope that you might feel able to encourage your club members, friends and family to enter. We run at break even and plan to have a good prize list, there is ample parking, refreshments will be available and spectators are welcome.

Even if you have either already entered, or don't plan to ride yourself, if you were able to help spread the word that I am looking for entries that would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards and thank you for your help!

Sophie
Green Arrow CRT