Welcome to the forum

Cromer ride this Friday 31st July

edited July 2015 in General
I need to be in Mundesley this Friday so have decided to ride there. It is a Cromer ride or one via Norwich. If anyone fancies a ride out to the Norfolk coast this Friday sign up below. Not a great navigator but it cannot be too hard having riden Martin's ride to the coast before. any takers? Sorry I cannot share the return train journey with you though.

Another option is to ride to Norwich. Great to have company and turn this into a bit of an event.

Can meet in Ashwell around 8.am. any takers?

Comments

• Vincent I would love to do this if I am not too slow for you. Long rides are new for me but I managed 115miles at 16mph a couple of weeks ago, local and some hills so should
    be a bit quicker on a flatish route wind assisted. My final destination would be near Aylesham so almost all the way to Mundesley. Let me know.
  • Fletch
    Sounds good to me. will work out how to whisper you my details. Is 8am good for you? I am not in any major rush but am keen to not get there too late.
    if you mean 16mph ave for the whole ride that is ok. If you are meaning riding no faster than 16mph I would be aiming more for 18mph to average 16s if that makes sense.
  • Yes 16mph average for whole ride. Happy to be dragged along at 18/19mph plus. Yes 8am would be fine. Not sure how you whisper but you can always use my e-mail which is on my member details.
  • So the ride is fixed
    Paul see you at 8am at mine.
    If anyone else was going to join us please whisper me and I will forward my address
    Have maps but no sat nav. But we will work it out
  • Fabulous ride with Paul on Friday: Bassingbourn, Shepreth, Shelfords, willbrahams, Mildenhall, lakenheath, The sohams, Watton and then further East before heading North to Aylesham and on to Mundesley. Perfect weather, great company and a bit of a tailwind. strava got tired before we finished but we recon around 120 miles at 16.5mph ave. Perfect way to spend a Friday. All done without satellite technology and not too many map faffs fortunately.
    Thanks for a great ride Paul.
  • Thanks for the run Vincent. That was my longest and fastest to date and will hold that record for some time I believe. Should also mention that we took time out to rescue a lost dog as our good deed for the day. I think we empathised having been in the same boat a couple of times ourselves.