Welcome to the forum

frame repair and respray

edited July 2015 in General
It is time for my 1999 cannondale CAAD3 R600 to have a bit of attention - the rear brake cable stop (rear) finally gave up at the weekend and there is some corrosion on the down tube and underside of crossbar that needs looking at, so was hoping to send it off for repairs and possible respray - if anybody has had any experience of Argos Cycles or Atlantic Boulevard for frame repairs and resprays or have any other names they could suggest it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Argos have a great reputation and friends have been pleased with renovations. Good luck with the renovation!
  • Hi Phil
    i have one frame that's been one up by Argos, one by Bob Jackson, both great and no complaints. I think Argos might have a broader colour set.
    Iain
  • I've dealt with Argos in the 90s and they are very meticulous and customer-focused back then.

You might want to chat to Matt at Trisports as he was looking at getting his Saeco Cannondale frame repaired locally.
  • MC had his TT bike refinished by Chris B who is based up near Chesfield Downs golf club - on the way to Graveley from Baldock. Chris finishes racing cars for a living so he would make you go faster :)
  • Thanks for the feedback
  • Phil,
    Doing the same thing with my Sigma bike. Was going to send to a chap in Newcastle but he is on a 6 month waiting list. So have gone with Carmelo's suggestion and will send to ColourTech in Dagenham.
    Sound good and can turn it around in about 2 weeks.

Carmelo's bike looks amazing. probably around £200 for repeat paint job on my tri-colour bike with fourth black tone for the signs.

Worth checking them out and having a chat with them.

Relatively local too. I don't have time to drive frame down so will be couriering it shortly.
  • edited August 2015
    Just remembered Dave Yates offers a respray service

http://www.daveyatescycles.co.uk/custom_bike_frames-Repairs_&_Resprays-51.php
  • edited August 2015