Welcome to the forum

WINTER PROGRAMME

edited November 2009 in Youth
Still waiting for the questionaires from half the youth section......HOWEVER.....I have enough to rough out a programme.

Watch this space....

THIS SATURDAY 14th...I will be doing a youth ride from Ashwell at 9.30am weather permitting, (if raining it will NOT happen) start my yard..37 silver street. any parents who wish to ride along welcome. I would ask that ONLY riders with previous road experience and British Cycling membership (for insurance purposes) turn up. Inexperienced riders will START with the Stevenage cycle routes. i hope to announce those soon.

Next Sat. 21st I will be in Manchester so NO youth ride.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    FIRSTLY.....WE MUST BEGIN.
    THEREFORE I PROPOSE TO BEGIN THE STEVENAGE RIDES FOR YOUTH THIS SATURDAY 12TH DEC.

MEET AT CAR PARK ON NORTH SIDE OF FAIRLANDS VALLEY 9.45AM. Directions.....from A602 turn left up Fairlands Way off Lytton Way roundabout...past Supermarket (in Leisure Centre zone) over roundabout(st.GeorgesWay)..continue up hill to Bedwell..over roundabout and turn off RIGHT JUST AFTER Bedwell Crescent and IMMEDIATELY into car park.

Please remember bikes..road or mountain...helmets..gloves..warm and drizzle proof clothing..drink and energy bar . If it is raining HARD or ICY we won't do it.

This will not be a strenuous session...10-11.30 finish (barring punctures.) It is about learning to ride together and the skills of negotiating junctions in as car free environment as possible.

Cycling parents are welcome to assist.

Those able to ride road with experience of group riding who are available should also come . They would be very valuable in riding paired with a less experienced clubmember.

I hope to see as many as possible. I am giving up racing at Hillingdon to get this rolling so hope for active participation.

SEASONS GREETINGS TO ALL AND A HAPPY CHRISTMAS IF I DON'T SEE YOU BEFORE THEN

happy cycling

Geoff

P.S. Iam hoping to announce a club night regular evening soon for ALL club members. Watch this space and the forum.
  • Geoff

Daisy is well up for this one. (see email)
  • ATTENTION EVERYONE ON YOUTH SECTION............................THIS SATURDAY RIDES ....... ALL OFF DUE TO WEATHER..........SORRY GUYS, BUT SAFETY FIRST........
  • Saturday Youth Rides this week 2nd January, weather permitting...........directions and time as at start of this entry........9.5am for 10am start and finish at 11.30......it is an 8 mile circuit so we should get 2 circuits in at a steady pace.........remember, it is about learning group riding techniques safely before we do proper road riding.
  • good ride today........we only did one circuit as the cycle ways were rather frosty and care was the watchword..........Daisy.Fiona,Karen,Cameron and Oliver turned up ...as Oliver was new to this type of cycling and the bike Andrew felt it best Oliver miss this one....and try later with a country route ride just the two of them..they did fine...I,jJulian and Robbie accompanied the intrepid youth section all-weather cyclists on a steady circuit and called it a day hoping to get the life back in our fingers...............

Hopefully the weather will warm up, in which case we will be at Hillingdon next Saturday..watch this section for updates.
  • NO CYCLING AT STEVENAGE OR HILLINGDON>>>>TOO DODGY............see TURBO SESSIONS
  • still nursing slightly torn muscle in calf.....not achilles tendon so relieved......can only spin at present SO....I cannot take rides at Stevenage or anywhere at present.............

I have booked the Main Gym Hall again at Ashwell School.......so if weather turns..or is very wet....or you just feel like company while riding rollers or your Turbo, then bring your bike and turbo's to the school..10am till 12 noon SATURDAY....if you don't have these but just want to stay fit then come and do some cross fit exercises..learn how to warm up and stretchproperly if you haven't done them before.......all good fun...
  • SUBJECT TO GOOD WEATHER............RIDING AT STEVENAGE ON SATURDAY 23RD MEET AT 9.45 am FOR 10am START.
  • weather seems o.k. so far...a little colder so remember to wrap up well...see you on Saturday.
  • SATURDAY 30TH JAN. .....AS WITH LAST WEEK.........MEET AT CAR PARK 9.45am FOR START AT 10am. 2 LAPS LIKE LAST WEEK...HOPE THE WORKERS HAVE STOPPED DIGGING UP THE CYCLE TRACK..........I WILL LOOK FOR A SLIGHT VARIATION TO KEEP THE INTEREST.
    LET'S HOPE THE WEATHER IS REASONABLE.
  • saturday 6th dec. Stevenage ride weather permitting.....meet 9.45am for 10 start as normal.
    sorry for late entry...see you all tomorrow.........Think Julian/Fiona and Karen must have been there last week. Looks like they left their signatures...was too dodgy and cold to ride...got there a bit later just in case
  • sorry everyone..........freezing fog...have been out and it is not good............am calling off ride..sorry for late notice...have rung and e-mailed earlier
  • Cross fit session Tomorrow 9th Feb. Ashwell School 7-9pm

Hello to ALL.......tomorrow Rob Sharman from British Cycling's Talent Team will be joining our session to give a short presentation on B.C's programme for integrating with club's like CCAshwell and assisting us to deliver and develop our young riders.
    They have restructured their programmes to make them more approachable and proactive so this would be a good opportunity for all members and parents interested in how this could benefit them and their children.
    He should be talking ONLY for about 15-20 minutes from 8 or 8.15 AFTER our session so do come along or come earlier than normal to collect your children so that you can hear and ask questions of ROB.
    He is coming from Derby so I hope you will endeavour to make his trip worthwhile by coming.

Please come ready to do cross-fit SHARP start at 7pm.

Look forward to seeing you then and letting you know what CCA coaches have discussed for our new Go-Ride sessions and track from May.

Cheers

Geoff
  • SORRY EVERYONE........ CAN'T RIDE TOMORROW AT STEVENAGE......MY KNEE STILL NOT RIGHT.

I HOPE ALL WILL BE O.K. FOR 20TH FEB

SEE YOU TUESDAY AT SCHOOL FOR CROSS FIT
  • MORE SORRY THAN I CAN SAY EVERYONE...KNEE STILL GIVING TROUBLE......NO RIDING FOR ME.....DON'T LET THIS STOP ANYONE GOING TO STEVENAGE AND RIDING AS A GROUP BUT IT IS ON YOUR OWN COUNT AT PRESENT.....I HOPE TO GET BETTER SOON, BUT NOT LOOKING GOOD AT PRESENT

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL NEXT TUESDAY AT ASHWELL SCHOOL
  • Take it easy Geoff - lay off the single leg squats with 200kg weights on your back for a couple of days!
  • I wish..hahahaha........
  • Hooray..............subject to it being DRY I intend to start again on these rides. If it rains I won't be going...no fun..........please refer to the top of this thread.....directions to the car park there...meet 9.45am for 10am start...two loops of approx. 8 miles...easy cycling as a group.

hope to see some of you there

Geoff