Welcome to the forum

Club run review - Sunday 15th Nov 09

edited November 2009 in Club runs
Loads went out with the club run. I bet that split into two groups soon after? Meanwhile, medium group of 8 went south, clockwise Wallington, Weston, Walkern, Watton, Datchworth, Whitwell, Lilley, Henlow, Langford and back. Two punctures and Skelders getting used to mere mortal bike technology with his chain meant we had to cut short. 57 miles, 17.5mph av, back about 12.45pm with the group fracturing for the last 7-8. Weather was excellent - but the roads are slippy.
I might suggest a medium route next week in advance - unless someone else wants to? I think pre-deciding is good all round.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Yep Martin.we split at Haynes...but only 3-4 went off we still had 13 or so...we punctured a lot..I had 3, Mark had 2, was a bad day for them clearly.....we did 49 and averaged 17-18.......I let the ride go and leave me in Barton le Clay as some guys had to get back and they were already delayed......think Carmelo and a couple others went longer......a bitty ride with too many stops but what a great day for a ride.just hope our luck holds through the Winter rides........I'll be on Fixie next Sunday as am in Manchester on Sat. at the Velodrome with track bike and won't have the legs for a long or fast ride.
  • yep, trying to get used to these Vauxhall groupsets - bl@@dy chain!! thanx for your patience chaps and apologies for the hold up. was a good ride, really enjoyed it. Pace got a bit punchy towards the end and was way faster than I needed to go (Base Training Zones and all that) but thanx to Iain for hanging back but i was OK - honest! 8-)
  • Sorry guys
    I was suprised the group that came for a "club run "
    Dropping Bob after 40 mins ( pace going up to 20mph up an incline )
    with half the group not waiting is not a club run
    So ( I agree with Martin ) can a medium group be organised next week
    Some guys can just not go slow enough

So the club run will be for those who want to do 16-17 mph for 40 miles
    and wait for the slowest ( ie they stay on the back )
    so not at least half the people who joined on last Sunday
    those who liked 17 -18mph for 49 miles should go with the medium group

The 3 that did go off then enjoyed the ride
    Happy club run is a much smaller group as required
    If you think Bob is too slow for your "base training "
    Please go in a different group

Probably needs a medium and a medium fast next week
    Can people volunteer themselves to do so
    Geoff / Carmello / Max / Martin ?
    Plenty to do so

Your cooperation is appreciated

James
  • club chairman suggests.humble recalcitrant submits........as I said...my legs will be shot from 3 hrs on the track.I'll either be on the club run with my fixie, or on my planet X with a genuine medium ride.won't have the legs for a med/fast ride and about 40-50 miles max.

will be following...any takers to lead??
  • Hi, sorry to the guys on the medium ride for my poor form. Momentary laps in motivation was regretted for most of Sunday. Sounds like I missed out on a good ride. See all next weekend - forecast looks a little wet and wild!

Jon
  • don't worry Jon.you chalked up a lot of brownie points up as lead-out man
  • wrong Jon Geoff!

This will be Jon of the 'Mountain Goat' variety who bailed out at Weston when Tim H had a puncture & I was fixing my chain..

no such sympathy from me Jon, ya big jessy!! ;-)