Welcome to the forum

Sunrise ride, SUNDAY 9th Aug 6.30am, St Ives 60 miler

edited August 2015 in General
Leaving from Guilden Morden village hall/Edward VII pub, 6.30am Sunday

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7547675

Quick coffee from the Esso near St Ives bridge, supped by the riverside. The Esso espresso expresso will be keeping it nice and steady. On this super flat fast fen foray that means 19mph+. Try it!

Sunrise 5.34am. Weather: good.

Martin 07977 652 247

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Or Saffron Walden and back... A hillier 50.

This route anti-clockwise: Royston first.

https://goo.gl/maps/Ondgn

Happy either way.
  • Esso Espresso - Is that leaded or unleaded?
  • edited August 2015
    If Phil K is coming: Diesel.

Cool. St Ives Esso Espresso Expresso it is.

Let's do the Saffron ride another weekend.
  • Hi, I would have loved to have joined you again, but I have pre-existing arrangements again.

Hopefully next week.

Gareth
  • I am in for sure this Sunday. Gareth there will be many more but you will be thinking about what could have been, this Sunday. I know the feeling all too well. Have a good day all the same.
    I sense a fast one this week. Some strava sectors to notch up. Can we persuade a few more out this weekend? Home by 9.45am latest so easy to fit around a busy day.
  • I'm going to try and make this, racing the morning before and working the night before, so it could change.....
  • Martin, I told you it would be fast. Luke On the early bird. Might have to rename it Flight of The Condors. Or ..the rediculously fast early.
  • Going to try and meet you on route as before... Will try and keep up with you lot ... Hopefully the espresso will kick in on the return leg :)
  • Alarmis set for 5am, breakfast and a dog walk before setting off at sunrise for a 15mile ride over. Should make it close to a hundred in total for me before 10.30. That's the plan anyway, don't wait for me in case the snooze button beats me!
  • I'm in.. See you early
  • Thanks all for a great morning.
  • Wow. 8 out this morning. Great ride - thanks all.
    20.1mph av to the Esso garage. 18.8mph on the return.
    Luke has a great story to tell from his trip to Paris on the last day of the Tour. And pics to prove it!

null
  • Cheers for a great ride and an excellent route Martin. I'm sure the Paris sorry will live on for a while yet!
  • Thanks all, enjoyed that
  • Well well, that was quick...thanks for the many tows! I suspect Martin's beetroot bomb was a factor in the early pace and my exhaustion a reason for the drop off on the return! I really enjoyed the company and the route as well as the Paris story. Cheers
  • Jeremy,

Well done and sorry for pushing the pace a bit.... You hung in like a trooper. It will be good for you and before you know it you will be flying.

All,

Thanks for a great morning and another memorable Early Bird. Felt quite ready for that coffee at Martin's. May not be out for a couple of weeks now unfortunately.
  • Great ride this morning! Cracking along at 30+ mph toward the A1198 from Gravely was epic!

Martin, where are the countless selfies you were taking on route?! ;)

50.1 miles @ 19.2 mph for me.