Welcome to the forum

Green Arrow grass track

edited August 2015 in Grass Track
CCA had 12 riders racing yesterday competing in nearly all the categories available including freewheelers Go-Ride racing, 13 if you include Bryn who was racing for his university team.

For the youth riders there was a clean sweep on the podium for the U12s, Archie Foulkes, Nathan Hardy and Freddie Cooke taking 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively. Not to be outdone by their older teammates the Under 10s also dominated the podium places with Joseph Hadsley taking 1st and Evan Foulkes 2nd. Ethan Storti also raced well in only his second ever grass track event. Holly Proctor got a third CCA youth top podium place in the youth A girls omnium.

In the women's omnium Lindsey Foulkes kept the podiums coming with a second place. Sophie Proctor also raced in this category but I'm not sure of her result.

The senior men's races were not ran as an omnium, but with 7 individual races including the 800m national championships, Iain Foulkes and I were given a good workout in a top quality field of 29 riders. Bryn managed a 2nd place in the unknown distance race and Iain a 4th in the 8 lap scratch.

With so many CCA riders we were able to enter three teams in to the Italian Pursuit races, with a little help from CCA old boy and newly crowned 800m national champ Andrew Leveton. The team that included Andrew, Iain, Holly and Nathan got a fantastic second place only beaten by a team that included a two time Masters Track World Champion!

Lovely sunny weather, great grass track community spirit and hard racing, this was a fantastic day out. I didn't have time to take any pictures but I'm sure somebody will have some.

Comments

• Thanks for the write up Dave. It was a really great afternoon for CCA. Neil H has posted various photos on the youth facebook page.