Welcome to the forum

08:00 15th Aug.... wots the plan navigators?

edited August 2015 in Club runs
Repeat of last week minus the punctures? (Hopefully)

Comments

• Wind is forecast to be NW so we could do a loop up to Oundle should have wind on return.

Or

Loop via Brickhill with caf
  • My vote's for the Oundle route - weather should be just right for it. Good caf
  • Oundle? is that the ride I turned off early as tight on time then decided to get horribly lost (standard) and got home at 3pm? haha
  • That's the one.
  • ok well I think I'll stick with you guys then :-}

do you have the route so I can have a look please?
  • that's dangerous Tim....just follow a wheel :-) have a good one.
    I've got old college friends up for the fortnight and finding it nigh on impossible to get out. Will just have to be antisocial and leave them to it for a day or two.
  • thank you :-)
  • edited August 2015
    Will not be joining you all in the fun tomorrow.

Doing a ride out of London to our area and then back to Crews Hill with chaps from the office. They are all training for their next ironmen so if you see me with 4 others wearing jaunty socks to their knees you will know why...
  • Legs need a day off tmw... have a good one!
  • Up in Huddersfield for weekend having cycled here on Thursday...150miles.

Will be out on them there hills over the weekend....Rude not to.

Stay safe everyone.
  • Raffa fake tan added to the pile for tomorrow's ride. Oundle. Would love to ride it finally but know james and skelders want to repeat last weeks ride.
    Am easy either way.

Could I have garmin routes for both if anyone has them. Need to learn How to use the device. Martin may need some guidance if you don't mind at some point. I know you are the master of navigation devices.
  • Will join you at Blunham Chippy.
  • Guys, what's the verdict. I'm a little confused!!
    You'll be relieved to hear that the Alex Rims are gone, and have been replaced by the Aksiums until the New wheels arrive!
    Are you coming through Langford?
  • edited August 2015
    Pete,

It's Oundle, so you get to ride it Vincent. The route does not go via Langford but goes via Northfields and then eyeworth, then Potton.

Link to Oundle route in earlier post.

Martin
  • Tried copying link onto Ride with GPS website but didn't work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Also tried putting link straight into google but again no joy. Assistance gratefully received,,
  • look at map...write details of villages and distances...consign to memory and put written directions in a plastic bag in case of rain....easy really.
  • Memory??? Do they sell those on Amazon?
  • Pete

Copy the link and paste it directly into your browser and hit return - this will take you directly to the route
  • many thanks all for a really good ride.
    around 100miles at 19mph average is not bad. Fuelled by one stop. really good route and not easy.

Martin do send me the open source map link when you get a moment. would like to get the orienteering thing nailed. Thanks for all those tips today.

Slightly cooked (hiding it well from Jane....she knows really).

probably not out next weekend due to training elsewhere. Catch up soon.

Peter. Great stretching contortions in Waresley. hope the cramp eased off on your way home.
  • Wowzers! Paris-Nice pace!
  • That's great news I don't think:-)
  • Guys,
    I was truly appreciative if the groups camaraderie and dragging me literally in places over the last 10 miles.
    I hope my "stretching" routine in Waresley brought some amusement to all.
    Took another pit stop in Potton for a quick pint of Becks before reaching home.
    103 miles is my longest to date and highlighted I've still got a little way to go.
    Top work guys/girls, you are cycling machines
    Pete
  • Great day and fantastic route. Working hard to replace 3500 calories with beer and curry.
    Thanks all for the company and banter.
  • Awesome crew. Great ride. And a valiant attempt from Pete to coax a free beer out of the pub at Waresley

I think the big difference from the last time we did this ride, was that I wasn't behaving quite so much like an anchor

No anchor (no me) on Paris-Nice, so you're going to be brilliant - and that goes for team Scotland and team Durham as well. The training is done. Go conquer
  • Er, some might have finished their training for Paris Nice...

...What about the heavyweights who are too old and slow for 100 miles @19's?!!

Guess I'll ramble on at my own pace of 16-17mph and get there albeit slowly!

Trailing Dutchman
  • For those loan trainers freakingout about Paris Nice we had four advantages
    1 riding as a tight group
    2 a decent tailwind for the last 50 miles
    3 no real hills
    4 then there was Martin of course always there leading into the headwind, though we all did our bit
  • Awesome ride guys, loved it, great company, great pit stop, great tail wind home .... Feeling a bit more confident about Paris Nice now ????

Not out next week, at Geoff's putting the final touches in
  • Really enjoyed that, the cafe is one of my favourites, a real sun trap. A good route with the wind direction. Had 118 and just over 19 ave when I got home. Definitely not Paris Nice pace.
  • Thanks all for these wonderful Saturday 8am rides. The stop in Wadenhoe was very nice as well. Climbing up to Therfield on the way home wasn't as fun :) but all's well that ends well